The Student Room Group

Queen Mary or Newcastle as insurance?

I'm having a problem with choosing my firm and insurance choice as I think all of my unis have their advantages (and 4 June is my deadline). I got an offer from King's for 35 points (I'm doing IB) and 666, which I want to firm but there is this one problem that I'm not certain i will get 666 at all my highers (Chemistry mostly is the problem). And besides the fact that I'm not sure about my firm, my other offers are all pretty close to each other - 35 and 665 for Newcastle and 34 with 655 for Queen Mary and Exeter.
So, the problem is this: I chose King's over Newcastle for the firm, but if I don't get into King's I think I would prefer Newcastle over the remaining two, however the difference between it and King's is only in one point at Higher Level, which I think is risky. My question is, is QMUL regarded as good uni for English with Film Studies? Can any of you tell me sth more about the course or the uni? The same for Newcastle?

All help appreciated,

A very confused person. :biggrin:
Hi, which English course did you choose at King's? We might be classmate:biggrin:
Reply 2
I chose English with Film Studies, and I'm very excited for it :biggrin: But now I'm anxious 'cause I got my IB results and even though I have 40 with a 7 in English my HLs are 765, when they wanted 666 :frown: I guess we'll see :biggrin: Which course did you choose?
what does HLS stand for???? Haha Ive chosen English language and linguistics!!!!!!!!!!! Looking forward to seeing you mate!!!!!
Reply 4
Hahah HL stands for Higher Level :wink:)) yeah hope we meet, when do you guys get A-levels grades???
Nah my friend, i was doing international foundation programme at nNottingham haha!!!!
So are you British haha
Reply 6
Oh hello again :biggrin: Nah, I'm from Poland, far from being British :wink:

Well I'm in the middle of packing things and booking plane tickets, how about you? Excited for Kings as much as I am? :biggrin:
Original post by agnesse
Oh hello again :biggrin: Nah, I'm from Poland, far from being British :wink:

Well I'm in the middle of packing things and booking plane tickets, how about you? Excited for Kings as much as I am? :biggrin:

Hello! Me too I'm originally from HongKong! Well I'm still waiting for my Visa application and hoping I can make it!

BTW have you booked any residence of kingsssss? I've been offered a far away one ;(

So excitedddd - !!! Looking forward to seeing you!!! But I've never been to either UK or London, worrying about being not used to the livestyle there:s And let alone the high cost of living O.o

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending