The Student Room Group

GCSE OCR B Geography 2015 - TOMORROW

Scroll to see replies

Original post by niamhmccarthyx
Hiya! Can anyone give me the basic structure for answering a case study question? Thank you

Generally, I write a short introduction to the case study, then (normally) three developed PEE paragraphs (it depends what the question asks). I don't bother with a conclusion, it doesn't really get marks.
In the introduction I just include which case I have studied and then a couple of facts just to show the examiner that I know what I am talking about.
If you want to know any more just ask / PM me :smile:
any last minute tips guys?
Reply 22
Original post by maddywald
These are all the past case studies with the years if you want to do the guessing game aha

Rivers and Coasts -
River flooding (management) 2011
River flooding (causes and effects) 2014
Coastline management 2011, specimen (2010 & 2014)
River landforms and processes 2013
Coastal landforms and processes 2013
River flooding MEDC specimen (2010)

Population and Settlement -
Population management strategies 2011
Changes in retail service provision 2011
International migration 2012
Land use change in urban area 2012, 2014

Natural Hazards -
Climatic in LEDC 2011,
Tectonic in LEDC 2011, 2013
Climatic in MEDC 2012, 2013, specimen
Tectonic in MEDC 2012
Climatic hazard specimen (2010)
Tectonic hazard specimen (2010)

I reckon internal migration (urbanisation) could come up in pop and settlement but tbh it's anyones guess

I'm guessing it's going to be either Tectonic in MEDC or Climatic LEDC since they only came up once.
Make flash cards of each topic and break it down, you will be fine. I find writing things down five times helps and labelling images , sounds long but you know
Can they specify whether to write about an earthquake or volcano or will they just say tectonic hazard?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 25
Original post by TH3-FL45H
Can they specify whether to write about an earthquake or volcano or will they just say tectonic hazard?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I was going to ask this. The spec changed but it was always tectonic hazard. I revised both case studies just in case.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by TH3-FL45H

Posted from TSR Mobile

We have only been told to revise EITHER earthquakes or volcanoes. I won't be impressed with my teacher if it does ask specifically for a volcano though haha!
Original post by kholland
Looking at last years grade boundaries, you're aiming to get around 74 out of a possible 99 marks for the A* and around 65 out of 99 for the A.

Yeah, but it depends how you did on the other paper and the coursework. I think I did pretty well on the SDME so I'm hoping that I'll get an A* with around 70% this year.
Reply 28
How did you find the test?
Original post by y=mx+c
How did you find the test?

I think I did alright, the last questions was the hardest for me - I did Cyclone Nargis, what did you do?
I was pretty happy with it, I'm still hopeful for an A* :biggrin:
How did you find it?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending