goldenusername
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
What is the main theme for An Inspector Calls?
nickykobayashi
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Probably the socio-political aspects of the play with Priestley using the inspector as a mouthpiece for his own political views (left wing)- you could link that with ending polemic (speech) of the inspector when he talks about shared responsibility and all of that. Also the demonisation of Birling with his right wing views and how his speech right at the start about making your own way in life seems to result in the arrival of the inspector

There's also the whole family drama thing with Gerald's affair and how it affects the relationship between him and Sheila, the reveal of Eric's nature and the strained father-son relationship with Eric and Birling
goldenusername
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
(Original post by web-girl)
Wait is this for an exam?? I'm sure English lit is done across all exam boards
Its for a controlled assessment xx
hespa001
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
[img]file:///C:/Users/Abbys/Documents/Abby/School%20Word%20Documents/Year%2010/English/Inspector%20Calls/[/img]HI, thanks once again for looking at my Inspector Calls essay. Here it is, sorry that there is so much of it and I hope that it isn't illegible. The essay subject is contrasting and comparing the characters of Sheila and Birling. If it is illegible just message me and I will type up a copy on the weekend and repost it.

Once again, thank you so much for offering to do this![img]file:///C:/Users/Abbys/Documents/Abby/School%20Word%20Documents/Year%2010/English/Inspector%20Calls/[/img]
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (711)
33.95%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (895)
42.74%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (395)
18.86%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (93)
4.44%

Watched Threads