The Student Room Group

The Boulevard Student Accommodation - York

Hi! I have lived in the Boulevard student accommodation for my final year of my degree and feel students should know what the Boulevard is actually like before they commit to renting a room. I currently live in a Deluxe Ensuite room with a shared kitchen. Admittedly, my room and kitchen is very modern and has all of the essentials a flat needs. However, there are many downsides to living at the Boulevard that I feel people should consider.

Living at the Boulevard is a very lonely experience as nearly all of the people in the flat rarely came out of their rooms. This too was the same for two of my friends living in another flat and in a studio.

Additionally, the rooms are not soundproof. The side walls are soundproof but the ceilings are not. I have had many many nights not being able to get to sleep (even during exams) because of the student below playing his xbox loudly or the guy above slamming doors at 5am in the morning. The ceilings are that thin, you can also hear the people above/below you talking!

There are always fines and costs for everything. The washing machines cost £2.50 each time to use and there are fines for locking yourself out 3 times per term.

After living in the University of York student accommodation as well as other private student accommodation, I can honestly say the Boulevard is not worth the money and is a complete rip-off. I would recommend for students looking for accommodation to enquire about on-campus accommodation rather than going into private student accommodation.

I hope this information hopes all students looking for accommodation in York to reconsider staying at the Boulevard.

Quick Reply

Latest