BethT.
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
So to say I'm freaking out about this exam is an understatement. I cant get half of my notes to stick in my head! I was wondering what peoples predictions of topics were?

I'm doing Political and Moral Philosophy, and my teacher has predicted that Political will either be Conservatism, Liberty (in relation to Nations specifically) or Just War Theory, and for Moral its likely to be Moral non-cognitivism (relativism especially) and Kant/Deontological Ethics
The Nightingale
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
My teacher said similarly to you - she said, something on Liberty/State, Just War and for Moral she said it would likely be Moral Realism and Deontology.

Anything to do with nations and I will have a stroke in the exam room...

I'd celebrate if a question on Liberty and State Interference came up as it's my best question!

I only have around 4-5 hours of revision left for this exam - woop. I'm hoping to finish tonight, but could accept some spillover into tomorrow. I've worked my ass off revising over the last couple of months for this, so at this stage, I'm just gonna say I've done what I can and I shall just have to hope it's enough!
BethT.
Rep:
?
That's good to hear! I wouldn't mind a Liberty and State question, to be honest I'm just hoping for anything on Ideologies. There's a good chance there will be as from looking at past papers they seem to ask an ideologies related question every other year and there wasn't one last year And I'm same for revision hours, I'll have about 4 to cram stuff in tomorrow. Its hard getting stuff to stay in though.

With it being the last year for this specification, I'm hoping AQA will be nice and not pull any nasty tricks - apparently the resit exams were good so here's hoping!

What are you doing for Unit 4?
The Nightingale
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by BethT.)
That's good to hear! I wouldn't mind a Liberty and State question, to be honest I'm just hoping for anything on Ideologies. There's a good chance there will be as from looking at past papers they seem to ask an ideologies related question every other year and there wasn't one last year And I'm same for revision hours, I'll have about 4 to cram stuff in tomorrow. Its hard getting stuff to stay in though.

With it being the last year for this specification, I'm hoping AQA will be nice and not pull any nasty tricks - apparently the resit exams were good so here's hoping!

What are you doing for Unit 4?
My problem is every time I think I'm nearly there, I find yet another past paper question which looks horrible. Just found a horrid one on law. Ugh. I just want it to be over with, to be honest. I would LOVE something on ideologies.

I'm doing Mill for Unit 4 - I've not done anywhere enough revision for that - mostly because I've been so focused on this exam. Mill is easier than Unit 3, but I think I'm challenging myself cramming it into 6 days. I really need an A for uni. I got high As last year, so my teacher has told me I only need level 3 responses, but I'm still terrified!
BethT.
Rep:
?
(Original post by The Nightingale)
My problem is every time I think I'm nearly there, I find yet another past paper question which looks horrible. Just found a horrid one on law. Ugh. I just want it to be over with, to be honest. I would LOVE something on ideologies.

I'm doing Mill for Unit 4 - I've not done anywhere enough revision for that - mostly because I've been so focused on this exam. Mill is easier than Unit 3, but I think I'm challenging myself cramming it into 6 days. I really need an A for uni. I got high As last year, so my teacher has told me I only need level 3 responses, but I'm still terrified!
A lot of people I've seen do Mill, but we do Plato - buts its the same, its just easier to do. I want it done and over with but at the same time I want more time to revise. I'm going to keep hoping there's going to be good questions.

Never mind trying to cram it in before the exam - I have exams on the Monday and Tuesday before it! But I'm fairly confident on Unit 4 so its not bad. I barely scraped an A last year, but I'm still hoping to get at least an A overall in Philosophy. I have an unconditional so you'd think the pressure would be off, but because I'm so competitive and want to do the best I can I'm pressuring myself to do well which is awful!

In any case, good luck, and here's hoping for Ideologies!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you feel if uni students needed to be double vaccinated to start in Autumn?

I'd feel reassured about my own health (8)
14.04%
I'd feel reassured my learning may be less disrupted by isolations/lockdowns (13)
22.81%
I'd feel less anxious about being around large groups (4)
7.02%
I don't mind if others are vaccinated or not (8)
14.04%
I'm concerned it may disadvantage some students (4)
7.02%
I think it's an unfair expectation (18)
31.58%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (2)
3.51%

Watched Threads