The Student Room Group
Students researching, Cardiff Metropolitan University (UWIC)
Cardiff Metropolitan University
Visit website

Decision time, help

Hi, I've got a massive decision between two universities, Swansea or Cardiff Met? I'm looking to study Business and Management, I studied at Cardiff Met last year but have decided to restart the year. I loved the Cardiff life but I'm trying to think about focusing on the course instead. Last year before I went I didnt look at the rankings and looking at them now Swansea is ranked in the 40s while Cardiff Met 79 and 100 when it comes down to Business and Management. I'm aware of a new Swansea campus which is meant to be really good. Really stuck between the two, what do you guys reckon?
Reply 1
Swansea campus looks very attractive. But I don't know what living there is like.

I think you should answer a few questions, such as the following, and make your mind up then. Nobody will know but you.

-Did you enjoy life in Cardiff?
-Did you enjoy the university of Cardiff Met?
-Do you want to move away from Cardiff?
-Do you have friends here who you don't want to move away from?
-Does Swansea look more attractive to you (both Uni, lifestyle and city)?
-Does Swansea offer better opportunities and a better education?

Those are just a few but weigh it up, pros and cons and then think it over and decide.

Now, perhaps you can help me! How did you enjoy life at Cardiff Met? Could you talk a little about living in Cardiff for your first year? I'd love to hear it!
Students researching, Cardiff Metropolitan University (UWIC)
Cardiff Metropolitan University
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by Willff
Swansea campus looks very attractive. But I don't know what living there is like.

I think you should answer a few questions, such as the following, and make your mind up then. Nobody will know but you.

-Did you enjoy life in Cardiff?
-Did you enjoy the university of Cardiff Met?
-Do you want to move away from Cardiff?
-Do you have friends here who you don't want to move away from?
-Does Swansea look more attractive to you (both Uni, lifestyle and city)?
-Does Swansea offer better opportunities and a better education?

Those are just a few but weigh it up, pros and cons and then think it over and decide.

Now, perhaps you can help me! How did you enjoy life at Cardiff Met? Could you talk a little about living in Cardiff for your first year? I'd love to hear it!

Yeah its a real toughy. Cardiff Met seemed ok but looking at the rankings and with an opportunity to move to another uni now having second thoughts. Its certainly a small uni, the SU isnt great and dosnt have many societies. The Cardiff life though was great, brilliant city and brilliant nightlife.
I'd rather not move away from Cardiff but I'm thinking about the uni course. I dont really have many friends at Cardiff so thats not an issue, Swansea looks more attractive in certain ways but Cardiff the same. Swansea does seem the better uni and understand it has a new fantastic campus opening up this year right on the beach.
Reply 3
Original post by cawiles19
Yeah its a real toughy. Cardiff Met seemed ok but looking at the rankings and with an opportunity to move to another uni now having second thoughts. Its certainly a small uni, the SU isnt great and dosnt have many societies. The Cardiff life though was great, brilliant city and brilliant nightlife.
I'd rather not move away from Cardiff but I'm thinking about the uni course. I dont really have many friends at Cardiff so thats not an issue, Swansea looks more attractive in certain ways but Cardiff the same. Swansea does seem the better uni and understand it has a new fantastic campus opening up this year right on the beach.

Yeah I saw that campus on the beach and it looks fantastic.
I think, perhaps it is best for you to go to Swansea. I am sure the nightlife will be good there (although not quite as good) but for educational reasons it seems to be a better choice.

But then again, it's all down to you and how you feel. Hopefully I've been a little help in your deciding.

Good luck!
Swansea nightlife is really good. I live in Bournemouth (decent nightlife) and have had a couple of great nights in Cardiff, but Swansea trumps both. Had 2 of the best years of my life here so far.

Quick Reply

Latest