The Student Room Group

Maths AQA S1 Help with Probability

I've come across this question in June 2008's past paper and can't work it out and was wondering whether anybody could help out..

A health club has a number of facilities which include a gym and a sauna. Andrew and his wife, Heidi, visit the health club together on Tuesday evenings.
On any visit, Andrew uses either the gym or the sauna or both, but no other facilities. The probability that he uses the gym, P(G), is 0,70. The probability that he uses the sauna, P(S), is 0.55 . The probability that he uses both the gym and the sauna is 0.25 .
a) Calculate the probability that, on a particular visit:
ii) he uses the gym but not the sauna;
iii) he uses either the gym or the sauna but not both

Many Thanks
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you’ve posted in the right place? Posting in the specific Study Help forum should help get responses. :redface:

I'm going to quote in She-Ra now so she can move your thread to the right place if it's needed. :h: :yy:

Spoiler

Original post by emilyt7
I've come across this question in June 2008's past paper and can't work it out and was wondering whether anybody could help out..

A health club has a number of facilities which include a gym and a sauna. Andrew and his wife, Heidi, visit the health club together on Tuesday evenings.
On any visit, Andrew uses either the gym or the sauna or both, but no other facilities. The probability that he uses the gym, P(G), is 0,70. The probability that he uses the sauna, P(S), is 0.55 . The probability that he uses both the gym and the sauna is 0.25 .
a) Calculate the probability that, on a particular visit:
ii) he uses the gym but not the sauna;
iii) he uses either the gym or the sauna but not both

Many Thanks

I've moved this to the right forum :smile:

Hopefully you'll get some helpful replies now :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending