The Student Room Group

another thread about my gf

another thing i'm wondering about - hopefully i dont piss off anyone politically - but when i asked if would ever move away one day , she said 'yeah, to a ukip area'

(she didn't specify where 'ukip area' is btw)

she could've been joking, and i'll be honest, i dont know too much about politics, but i've always seen them as a slightly racist party tbh.

i guess i am worried she would vote for people like them, but should i get off my high horse and accept people have different political beliefs? i mean it's not a serious problem, really, is it?
Reply 1
Original post by justneedadvice.
another thing i'm wondering about - hopefully i dont piss off anyone politically - but when i asked if would ever move away one day , she said 'yeah, to a ukip area'

she could've been joking, and i'll be honest, i dont know too much about politics, but i've always seen them as a slightly racist party tbh.

i guess i am worried she would vote for people like them, but should i get off my high horse and accept people have different political beliefs? i mean it's not a serious problem, really, is it?

The only problem I see here is you stereotyping an entire party based on charge that barely applies to a fraction of UKIP's membership. Also even if so, what is the issue with your girlfriend supporting racists? You judging her on that, doesn't make you any better. Get a life man, you should be happy to have met probably a down to earth girl willing to talk real politics instead of mainstream neo-liberal-feminazism.
Original post by Jemy
The only problem I see here is you stereotyping an entire party based on charge that barely applies to a fraction of UKIP's membership. Also even if so, what is the issue with your girlfriend supporting racists? You judging her on that, doesn't make you any better. Get a life man, you should be happy to have met probably a down to earth girl willing to talk real politics instead of mainstream neo-liberal-feminazism.

How impartial.
Reply 3
Original post by justneedadvice.

A ukip area does't even make sense.

Dump it, it sounds too dumb to be dating a smart guy like you.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending