Want more information about this university?
EmEmshort
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Who else is going sheffield Hallam in September, Would be nice to get to know a few people before the year starts
joanasofiaxo
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I am

Posted from TSR Mobile
DavidB_
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Just received my accommodation, I'll be at Trigon
joanasofiaxo
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by DavidB_)
I'm in Bramall

Posted from TSR Mobile
DavidB_
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by joanasofiaxo)
I'm in Bramall
What course will you be doing?
joanasofiaxo
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
What course will you be doing?
Sociology and psychology, what about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
DavidB_
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Electrical and Electronic Engineering
Jennyharvey15
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by EmEmshort)
Who else is going sheffield Hallam in September, Would be nice to get to know a few people before the year starts
I am also going! I am on the Collegiate Crescent Campus studying ODP
EmEmshort
Rep:
?
Did you get an unconditional offer then?
EmEmshort
Rep:
?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Geography and Planning want to be a town planner
DavidB_
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Did you get an unconditional offer then?
Indeed I did, I reckon it was my personal statement
And I know three of my flatmates already!

As an aside, having noted your aspiration to become a town planner, I'm curious as to what motivates you in choosing to follow this as a career.
EmEmshort
Rep:
?
Indeed I did, I reckon it was my personal statement
And I know three of my flatmates already!

As an aside, having noted your aspiration to become a town planner, I'm curious as to what motivates you in choosing to follow this as a career.
What do you want to be?

Urmm I want to follow a career as a town planner, because I love human geography and want to go into career that I enjoy. I like development where if i go past a building or a development that I helped create, I can go I did that and it has changed people's lives. It has always been passion of mine to help create a better world, and even on a smaller scale it is still important to me, as I want to help create a sustainable planet for our selves and future generations. I think as a town planner I can do that, I will be able to decide what is suitable for a town/city and whether it can contribute into helping the town/city evolve without being unsustainable.
EmEmshort
Rep:
?
(Original post by Jennyharvey15)
I am also going! I am on the Collegiate Crescent Campus studying ODP
What's ODP, I am planning on studying geography and planning!
DavidB_
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
What do you want to be?

Urmm I want to follow a career as a town planner, because I love human geography and want to go into career that I enjoy. I like development where if i go past a building or a development that I helped create, I can go I did that and it has changed people's lives. It has always been passion of mine to help create a better world, and even on a smaller scale it is still important to me, as I want to help create a sustainable planet for our selves and future generations. I think as a town planner I can do that, I will be able to decide what is suitable for a town/city and whether it can contribute into helping the town/city evolve without being unsustainable.
Thanks, I enjoyed reading that I think I've known since choosing my GCSEs that I wanted to go into engineering, but it was in my application that I settled on electric/electronic. What fascinates me as an industry is how rail transport is a vital infrastructure in any urban or inter-urban environment, and the extent of planning which goes into keeping a city and conurbation connected. There's so many different roles involved, perhaps more than any other industry.

With regards to the making a difference in our ever-more-developing landscape where the legacy and sustainability of our actions is highly scrutinised, I hope too to have the opportunity to say "I built this"
Oasis95
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I'm at The Forge - Flat E222.E.
Jennyharvey15
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
What's ODP, I am planning on studying geography and planning!
ODP is an Operating Department Practitioner, I am excited to start! And what is planning?
EmEmshort
Rep:
?
ODP is an Operating Department Practitioner, I am excited to start! And what is planning?
Ahh okay got it now and planning is: to plan, deliver and protect the built and natural environment. Like plan areas and buildings that would be suitable for the build environment, and make it sustainable and stuff like that
Jennyharvey15
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Ahh okay got it now and planning is: to plan, deliver and protect the built and natural environment. Like plan areas and buildings that would be suitable for the build environment, and make it sustainable and stuff like that
Oh, I have never even thought of that before! I bet that's interesting good luck I hope you do well!
EmEmshort
Rep:
?
Oh, I have never even thought of that before! I bet that's interesting good luck I hope you do well!

Thank you and yeah randomly i enjoy all that stuff and good luck hope you do well as well, might see you around
Lynsey_jane
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I had a deferred place for ODP but they rang today so I'm now starting in September!! So excited, I can't wait.

X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (738)
33.92%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (929)
42.69%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (413)
18.98%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (96)
4.41%

Watched Threads