Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Anyone else freaking out because of this exam?
    Im doing development population and tourism
    What are you all doing??

ReputationRep:
    Don't worry mate ~I'm doing the same thing

ReputationRep:
    Tourism, globalisation and urbanisation. You'll be fine!

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing ubanisation, population and tourism

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 'Chris')
    Tourism, globalisation and urbanisation. You'll be fine!
    I'm doing exactly the same topics and am most worried about globalisation

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by x-Emily-x)
    I'm doing exactly the same topics and am most worried about globalisation
    Same, globalisation is by far the hardest topic :/

ReputationRep:
    how did everyone find it?? I found it quite good but I am worried that I did last question of urban wrong. It said to explain how urban living can be made more sustainable. I mentioned using brownfield sites, conservering historic buildings, open spaces and reducing waste. Because it didnt say to include a case study but I did mention a brief example. Can I still get more than 6 marks as it didnt say use your own knowldge either

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by big_dreamer)
    how did everyone find it?? I found it quite good but I am worried that I did last question of urban wrong. It said to explain how urban living can be made more sustainable. I mentioned using brownfield sites, conservering historic buildings, open spaces and reducing waste. Because it didnt say to include a case study but I did mention a brief example. Can I still get more than 6 marks as it didnt say use your own knowldge either
    You did it right, it didn't mention that you needed to use a case study so if it's in detail you should get at very minimum 5 out of 8

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alevel24)
    You did it right, it didn't mention that you needed to use a case study so if it's in detail you should get at very minimum 5 out of 8
    Thanks! Cause everyone was saying how they went on about some area and I was worried thanks

ReputationRep:
    Thanks! Cause everyone was saying how they went on about some area and I was worried thanks
    what did you put in for the figure 3 question on Urbanisation topic about choropleth graph?

ReputationRep:
    I'm really worried now, I did something completely different. I just used the case study I learnt for a sustainable city (Curitiba) and wrote about what they have done and stuff

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    what did you put in for the figure 3 question on Urbanisation topic about chropleth graph?

that map thing for the bus cyle stuff? I put it was topological because I guessed it as I saw some examinor report saying that it must be learnt and just assumed it was that. What did you put?

ReputationRep:
    that map thing for the bus cyle stuff? I put it was topological because I guessed it as I saw some examinor report saying that it must be learnt and just assumed it was that. What did you put?
    I put topological too! I didn't know what it was but I knew it was not chloropleth or whatever as that is the coloured shading one and I knew it was not isoline as that is the one with the rings and numbers on them and it was neither

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CirqueDesRêves)
    I'm really worried now, I did something completely different. I just used the case study I learnt for a sustainable city (Curitiba) and wrote about what they have done and stuff

Posted from TSR Mobile
    That's what I sort of did, I'm pretty sure it's right as long as you mentioned anything about the historical sights or transport or recycling

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Same here :/

ReputationRep:
    Did exactly the same - think its still right hopefully!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I did Curitiba too, it's right I think, most people I know who did the exam did Curitiba so don't worry haha

ReputationRep:
    Curitiba is definitely correct, I asked my teacher. Think the exam went well, population and urban easy, development gap poor especially the 6 marker at the start. Overall hoping for 70+/84 to make up for the woeful physical paper

ReputationRep:
    for the population I feel like the first section repeated itself so much

University open days

• University of East Anglia (UEA)
    Could you inspire the next generation? Find out more about becoming a Secondary teacher with UEA… Postgraduate
    Thu, 18 Oct '18
  • University of Warwick
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
  • University of Sheffield
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.