hopefulmed96
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
I didn't see a thread on this so...how's everyone's revision going?
TSR Jessica
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. Are you sure you’ve posted in the right place? Posting in the specific Study Help forum should help get responses.

I'm going to quote in She-Ra now so she can move your thread to the right place if it's needed. :yy:

Spoiler:
Show
(Original post by She-Ra)
x
IH09
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
What were the responses to the Microwaves and GLC MCQs?
kev909
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Okay, for those who js finished today's exam, IAL Chemistry unit4, can someone tell me what did u calculated for the order with respect to X? thx

Posted from TSR Mobile
Fatima SJ
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
  1. The paper was really long. can someone tell me the order of reaction with respect to the catalyst?
    And the S total?
    The change in enthaply was +ve right?
IH09
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by kev909)
Okay, for those who js finished today's exam, IAL Chemistry unit4, can someone tell me what did u calculated for the order with respect to X? thx

Posted from TSR Mobile
It was 1
Fatima SJ
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago

Posted from TSR Mobile
I think it was 2 :/ what did u get?
Fatima SJ
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by IH09)
It was 1
How was it 1?
kev909
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
thx for quick reply, may u show me how to calculate it? many of my fds also calculate 1 as well. however, i calculated 3 by using logarithm and two simultaneous equations.

im sure im wrong as many of ppl get 1st order with respect to X. I just wanna know how to get 1.

many thx again

Posted from TSR Mobile
Elolel
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I got 1st order for X nd 2nd order for B nd was k 40?
Lallana 11
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
yup
Elolel
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I got 1 st order with respect to X nd second order with respect to B
IH09
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
MCQ anyone? Esp. The microwave and glc and ir spectrum?

Also, how did you respond to the biodiesel question?
IH09
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Wasnt enthalpy change negative?
bluegreenjade
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
guys did anyone know how to name that ester or was it just me Was it 2-dectyl(?!)methanoate? (or ethanoate cant't remember) Did every single past paper but this had the weirdest question, so much so it lacked so much unit 4 content, I thought. For GC I put CO2 cause I thought that was the most inert. Overall mcqs were good I know I did a dumb mistake at the end with the nmr (put the wavelengths for haloalkane instead of alkanes) and was the areas below the curve thing for nmr 3? for the docodan or whatever I got 3.something g and k=40 and said that non-edible seed oil was better cause I couldn't think of anything else besides the fact that if they were to make it for edible oil they would have to manufacture more (for cooking purposes as well?). And why was ph of the water acidic or was it not acidid at 300 something kelvin?
bluegreenjade
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
thx for quick reply, may u show me how to calculate it? many of my fds also calculate 1 as well. however, i calculated 3 by using logarithm and two simultaneous equations.

im sure im wrong as many of ppl get 1st order with respect to X. I just wanna know how to get 1.

many thx again

Posted from TSR Mobile
I got 1 too cause yeah I did simultaneous too and subbed values for concs of the equation and divided the rate by the reactants of orders which I already knew (i.e. R/[a]^1[b]^2. then divided the two equations (exp 1/ exp 2) and get log of x
Elolel
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by bluegreenjade)
guys did anyone know how to name that ester or was it just me Was it 2-dectyl(?!)methanoate? (or ethanoate cant't remember) Did every single past paper but this had the weirdest question, so much so it lacked so much unit 4 content, I thought. For GC I put CO2 cause I thought that was the most inert. Overall mcqs were good I know I did a dumb mistake at the end with the nmr (put the wavelengths for haloalkane instead of alkanes) and was the areas below the curve thing for nmr 3? for the docodan or whatever I got 3.something g and k=40 and said that non-edible seed oil was better cause I couldn't think of anything else besides the fact that if they were to make it for edible oil they would have to manufacture more (for cooking purposes as well?). And why was ph of the water acidic or was it not acidid at 300 something kelvin?
Hahahhaha! Actually the ester was ethyl-dodecanoate! It was easy to figure out cuz the aldehyde they gave was dodecanal ! Nd yeah its CO2 nd i got 40 for k aswell. Nd i got 3.7 something for the mass! I got acidic ph aswell 1.6something
bluegreenjade
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Elolel)
Hahahhaha! Actually the ester was ethyl-dodecanoate! It was easy to figure out cuz the aldehyde they gave was dodecanal ! Nd yeah its CO2 nd i got 40 for k aswell. Nd i got 3.7 something for the mass! I got acidic ph aswell 1.6something
Aw damn. I knew there must have been something I was just panicking I thought I won't be able to finish. pH of water? for the pH of mixture of HCl and NH3 I got something like 1.6 too I but with water it was 6.5 (the question said prove the kw question it was easy but the explanation as to if its acidic/basic or neutral and why was weird)
IH09
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Wait. Which part of the paper included k???
Elolel
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by bluegreenjade)
Aw damn. I knew there must have been something I was just panicking I thought I won't be able to finish. pH of water? for the pH of mixture of HCl and NH3 I got something like 1.6 too I but with water it was 6.5 (the question said prove the kw question it was easy but the explanation as to if its acidic/basic or neutral and why was weird)
Its okay i do that alot aswell! Its only 1 mark! Nd the ph is for NH3 nd HCL i guess
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (13)
23.64%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (4)
7.27%
No I am happy with my choice (35)
63.64%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (3)
5.45%

Watched Threads