SuperCat007
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hi,

I wondered if anybody might be able to recommend somewhere I could go for free legal advice. I have tried my CAB and I'm waiting for them to return my phone call, but is there anywhere else?

After Student Finance have messed me around again, potentially jeopardising my part time application, I would like some advice about whether I have a case to take them to court. I don't really want to go down the no win no fee route because I want advice about the case, rather than having to proceed.
futbol
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Injury lawyers 4 u

National Accident Helpline

Gladstone Brookes

All no win, no F£€
SuperCat007
Rep:
?
(Original post by futbol)
Injury lawyers 4 u

National Accident Helpline

Gladstone Brookes

All no win, no F£€
Thanks, but as I said in my post I don't want to go to them for advice. As I understand it they charge for advice, but if you go to court with them and win they pay the money back.:rolleyes:
futbol
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by SuperCat007)
Thanks, but as I said in my post I don't want to go to them for advice. As I understand it they charge for advice, but if you go to court with them and win they pay the money back.:rolleyes:
Are you sure they can't tempt you?

Ftmshk
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Have you spoken your Students Union? They usually have a financial advisor. They could probably also point you in the direction of local lawyers who deal with these issues.

Posted from TSR Mobile
SuperCat007
Rep:
?
(Original post by Ftmshk)
Have you spoken your Students Union? They usually have a financial advisor. They could probably also point you in the direction of local lawyers who deal with these issues.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thanks, sadly I don't have one. Technically I'm in between universities with a few years gap.
Ftmshk
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Ah, ok, well Citizen's Advice are probably the best people then. Do they do a local drop in which would save you waiting for them to get back to them?
Also, have you tried Resolver? It's a new, free online complaints service: http://www.resolver.co.uk/companies/...any-complaints
I don't know anyone who has used it yet but their web site looks quite good.

Posted from TSR Mobile
SuperCat007
Rep:
?
(Original post by Ftmshk)
Ah, ok, well Citizen's Advice are probably the best people then. Do they do a local drop in which would save you waiting for them to get back to them?
Also, have you tried Resolver? It's a new, free online complaints service: http://www.resolver.co.uk/companies/...any-complaints
I don't know anyone who has used it yet but their web site looks quite good.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thanks, I'll have a look. Sadly they only seem to do it by appointment. There's no massive rush, but after they messed up again today I thought it might not be a bad idea to get some advice.
Ftmshk
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Good luck with getting it fixed 😀

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (287)
55.73%
I don't have everything I need (228)
44.27%

Watched Threads