The Student Room Group

I am really angry about how everyone treats me

Hi guys.
Recently, I've been really annoyed with the way everyone treats me all the time and I really really don't know what to do.
My friends have gone to uni, hardly talk to me and never invite me out but always go out together as a friendship group and then put pictures on facebook together
My family constantly put me down and critisize me for every single decision I make; their not happy with who I go out with, their not happy with where I work, their not happy with my clothing choices, my make up, my hair, their not happy wih my uni choices or my choice of course. There's never any pleasing them what-so-ever and they will take any opportunity they can to remind me that I don't fit in with the family and I am a big disappointment.
My girlfriend can be a complete bitch on times, I mean she;s really nice to me other times but it just really pisses me off that she thinks its OK to drop me and not bother with me when she's busy but when I've made plans which will help my career, even if its just one day, she'll guilt trip me into feeling bad because I won't be able to spend time with her on that one frigging day that I want to do something for myself and not for her.

And all these people in my life, none of them were there for me when I went through severe depression about a year ago now. None of them felt the need to be there and talk to me and infact my family just ocntinued to put me down despite this and made the whole situation a lot lot worse. I can't talk to these people because it never ends well. I hate it. Why does everyone treat me like this all the damned time ?!
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
Hi guys.
Recently, I've been really annoyed with the way everyone treats me all the time and I really really don't know what to do.
My friends have gone to uni, hardly talk to me and never invite me out but always go out together as a friendship group and then put pictures on facebook together
My family constantly put me down and critisize me for every single decision I make; their not happy with who I go out with, their not happy with where I work, their not happy with my clothing choices, my make up, my hair, their not happy wih my uni choices or my choice of course. There's never any pleasing them what-so-ever and they will take any opportunity they can to remind me that I don't fit in with the family and I am a big disappointment.
My girlfriend can be a complete bitch on times, I mean she;s really nice to me other times but it just really pisses me off that she thinks its OK to drop me and not bother with me when she's busy but when I've made plans which will help my career, even if its just one day, she'll guilt trip me into feeling bad because I won't be able to spend time with her on that one frigging day that I want to do something for myself and not for her.

And all these people in my life, none of them were there for me when I went through severe depression about a year ago now. None of them felt the need to be there and talk to me and infact my family just ocntinued to put me down despite this and made the whole situation a lot lot worse. I can't talk to these people because it never ends well. I hate it. Why does everyone treat me like this all the damned time ?!

Could be worse:

Reply 2
It is so much harder when problems arise in your relationships from every angle. It makes it so hard to know what to do.

These people are being inconsiderate of you.

Do you feel like your an empathetic person who is sensitive to when someone else is down and upset and do you respond to that? I have a feeling that people like that are more likely to have others be inconsiderate of them because that person tends to be there for them when they need them, so they are not too fussed about criticising them.
Take a look at what you've just written. Now look back at yourself, and how you may have felt a year ago when you were depressed, or when you were falling into depression.

The liklihood that everyone in your life is suddenly treating you very badly, is small. That every one is criticising you and your choices, ignoring you and not wanting to be with you.

What is more likely is that your mental health might need re-evaluating. When I start thinking the world is against me, that's a clear signal Im slipping back into negative mental health and bad thought pathways.

Take care of yourself, and take a good hard look at your environment and the people in it. Are they really behaving so negatively, or are you catapaulting small comments etc into things which are much greater?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi guys.

Gosh this is exactly the same as my life :frown:
Hi guys.

Surge on with your life choices, still wear your preferred clothing, spit in the faces of those who put you down, or in whom you don't fit in their "standards", for in my perception, the true beauty of life is making any desired decisions, doing what one wants; worry free.
Alternatively, you can 'restart' your life. Quit your relationship, move out, create a new Facebook account, maybe try to keep your job. The world is teeming with opportunities, and seven billion characters to interact with.
Reply 6
Become financially independent, move out, and tell your girlfriend what you really think of her.
X

yeah, if there's one thing i hate is when people are on and off, like you're either my friend or not

i say have minimal contact with these people, stop paying them attention, because you shouldn't have to surround yourself with company which depresses you like this
just focus on yourself for a while, away from everyone, get into a hobby, keep your mind busy, even if they don't end up realising what they're missing, and getting a taste of their own medicine...

you've moved away from some negativity :smile:

nice people rule

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending