nizamikn
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
How did you guys find the FP2 IAL paper? I think the GCE paper was quite easy compared to the FP2 paper. Did anyone else think FP2 IAL paper was too lengthy? Everyone in my school found it really difficult. It was impossible to finish the paper in 1.5 hours
TeeEm
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by nizamikn)
How did you guys find the FP2 IAL paper? I think the GCE paper was quite easy compared to the FP2 paper. Did anyone else think FP2 IAL paper was too lengthy? Everyone in my school found it really difficult. It was impossible to finish the paper in 1.5 hours
it looks that only you did that paper ...
TeeEm
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
please vote on
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=3376671
rachu
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I'll just post my solutions for the IAL Fp2 paper here1. -2<x<1 and -5<x<-42. a = 5 and b = 113
3. complex loci: circle with centre (0, -1/2) and radius sqt 5/4 and for inequality shade region inside circle
4. cotx taylor series at x=pi/3 can be found on wolfram alpha. Or someone could screenshot it
5. 1st ode something along the lines of y^2 = 1/((e^-x^2)/3 + c*e^2x^2)
6. 2nd ode something like y = -2/5e^-x + 3/10e^3x + something cosx and something sinx
7. polar cordinates area under curve a = 4/3 (or 3/4 .. i dont remember correctly)
8. the integral solution came out to be (-5sqt2/192 + 1/24)

did you get similar answers?
python03
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by rachu)
I'll just post my solutions for the IAL Fp2 paper here1. -2<x<1 and -5<x<-42. a = 5 and b = 113
3. complex loci: circle with centre (0, -1/2) and radius sqt 5/4 and for inequality shade region inside circle
4. cotx taylor series at x=pi/3 can be found on wolfram alpha. Or someone could screenshot it
5. 1st ode something along the lines of y^2 = 1/((e^-x^2)/3 + c*e^2x^2)
6. 2nd ode something like y = -2/5e^-x + 3/10e^3x + something cosx and something sinx
7. polar cordinates area under curve a = 4/3 (or 3/4 .. i dont remember correctly)
8. the integral solution came out to be (-5sqt2/192 + 1/24)

did you get similar answers?
whaaaat?

I'm pretty sure I took the IAL paper too (HK)... there were no transformation questions

well so for one of the questions in my paper there was a 2nd order differential equation and it asked us to use the PI 3e^(-x)cos3x + Ae^(-x)sin3x. I got everything right EXCEPT the value of A (-12 A + 12 = 0, A = -1) (full: 5m (?))

Part (b) was auxiliary equation, so not a problem. (full: 4m)

Part (c) was specific solution though. How many marks do you think I lost there? (full: 5m)
Tayyabshabbirtsr
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by leekn)
whaaaat?

I'm pretty sure I took the IAL paper too (HK)... there were no transformation questions

well so for one of the questions in my paper there was a 2nd order differential equation and it asked us to use the PI 3e^(-x)cos3x + Ae^(-x)sin3x. I got everything right EXCEPT the value of A (-12 A + 12 = 0, A = -1) (full: 5m (?))

Part (b) was auxiliary equation, so not a problem. (full: 4m)

Part (c) was specific solution though. How many marks do you think I lost there? (full: 5m)
This discussion is 2 years old. I think u will loose the last A1 mark in part a and another mark for the particular solution at the end since it was a simple arithmetic error only. Our exam was pretty hard compared to the simple edexcel exam, I'd say the grade boundaries have to be around 62 for A similar to the 2014 IAL exam.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you feel if uni students needed to be double vaccinated to start in Autumn?

I'd feel reassured about my own health (35)
15.15%
I'd feel reassured my learning may be less disrupted by isolations/lockdowns (70)
30.3%
I'd feel less anxious about being around large groups (28)
12.12%
I don't mind if others are vaccinated or not (20)
8.66%
I'm concerned it may disadvantage some students (13)
5.63%
I think it's an unfair expectation (62)
26.84%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (3)
1.3%

Watched Threads