The Student Room Group

AQA GCSE Higher German Reading & Listening June 2015

Poll

How many marks will be required for an A*? (Reading)

Discuss.

Scroll to see replies

How did you find it?!!
Reply 2
Paper 1:

B, B, C, A, D,
B, C, P+N, N, B, F, A,
D, B, A, P, P+N, C, B,
C, B, B, B, C, A, B

(Excluding long answer questions)
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 3
Original post by ruthie_nuggetty
How did you find it?!!

I found paper 1 alright, although I was annoyed with the amount of long answer style questions on paper two.

Usually it's about 80% multiple choice/short answer questions, but this time I felt it was only around 60%. I always seem to do worse on the longer questions, and I'm sure others do as well, so I think the grade boundaries will be low; perhaps around 34/45 for an A*.

Also in paper two, I wrote that an example of the consequences of playing music in the restaurant was that people bought "expensive pieces of meat (gammon)", because I forgot that Rindfleisch is beef.

How about you?
(edited 8 years ago)
For some stupid reason, I thought a fortnight was a week instead of 2 weeks for the question where we had to write True or False about the kids visiting the library once per fortnight. I accidentally put true instead of false, I am such an idiot :banghead:
Reply 5
Original post by itsjustaneesa
For some stupid reason, I thought a fortnight was a week instead of 2 weeks for the question where we had to write True or False about the kids visiting the library once per fortnight. I accidentally put true instead of false, I am such an idiot :banghead:

Haha, oh no! At least it was only one mark.
Reply 6
Original post by Avocado2002
Paper 1:

B, B, C, A, D,
B, C, P+N, N, B, F, A,
D, B, A, P, P+N, C, B,
C, B, B, B, C, A, B

Paper 2 answers:

A, C, A, B, C,
P+N, N, P, N,
G, E, F, F,
F, T, F, T, ?,
B, D, F, H
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 7
How did you remember your answers? :s
Reply 8
Does anyone remember what they put for any longer answer questions
Reply 9
Original post by Saffiee
Does anyone remember what they put for any longer answer questions

Which ones?
Reply 10
Which ones?

Any
Original post by Saffiee
Any

I can't help you in that case, because I would only remember what I wrote if I knew the question!
Reply 12
I can't help you in that case, because I would only remember what I wrote if I knew the question!

What about the One about the restaurant and the music what did u put for two things for why it should be played and the Mozart question
I found paper 1 alright, although I was annoyed with the amount of long answer style questions on paper two.

Usually it's about 80% multiple choice, but this time I felt it was only around 60%. I always seem to do worse on these type of questions, and I'm sure others do as well, so I think the grade boundaries will be low; perhaps around 34/45 for an A*.

Also in paper two, I wrote that an example of the consequences of playing music in the restaurant was that people bought "expensive pieces of meat (gammon)", because I forgot that Rindfleisch is beef.

How about you?

I was better than I thought it would be but i found the second part of the listening hard. For the beef question, I said they chose nicer things...
Reply 14
Has anyone posted a full unofficial mark scheme yet? I found the reading fine, but the listening more of a challenge

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 15
Original post by KB@GWG
Has anyone posted a full unofficial mark scheme yet? I found the reading fine, but the listening more of a challenge

So did I, I thought listening was way harder you know for that rindfleisch question I knew it was beef but who has expensive beef except steak so I put that not sure though?It's annoying because half of the words we don't know and they have high grade boundaries.Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Saffiee
What about the One about the restaurant and the music what did u put for two things for why it should be played and the Mozart question

I believe the phrase used in the exam was "Portemonnaie Öffner" ("wallet opener") although I could be wrong. An advantage was something about the atmosphere of the restaurant, I think.
Reply 17

I don't suspect it will matter if you put steak although they can be fussy sometimes.
Is Paper 1 Listening or Reading?
Reply 19
Paper 1:

B, B, C, A, D,
B, C, P+N, N, B, F, A,
D, B, A, P, P+N, C, B,
C, B, B, B, C, A, B

What grade did you get in the end

Quick Reply

Latest