Careworker
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
After years of trying I've finally received a reply from a nursery that apparently isn't full of sexists! I applied to two positions 1.) A trainee nursery nurse full-time and 2.) a 'lunch time' nursery assistant 20-hours per week. They asked which one I wanted to apply for on friday. I went with the latter on the basis that I would probably stand a better chance at getting the position and finally being able to start getting some experience in a nursery setting.

Anyways I'm worried as hell... I've never worked in a nursery before (although I work with profoundly autistic 5yr olds in a school) so it's not massive different. Unsure what to expect question wise. I've tried reading up on the EYFS but haven't found much information on it. What should a guy expect? My guess is I'm going to be interrogated pretty damn hard.
xjosielr
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Although I'm not a guy (sorry!) questions I was asked at my nursery interview were around safeguarding, behaviour management, sustained shared thinking, equality and special needs, improving communication on 3 levels - staff, parents, and of course children. I guess it would depend what position you were going for though - this was a room leader position whereas if you were a trainee I doubt you'd need to be so in depth.

We have a male working at our nursery and unfortunately he has faced discrimination from some parents (some don't want him to change their child's nappies etc) so maybe you would be asked a question around how you would feel about that possibility and how you'd deal with it?

Hopefully this helps you a little bit, sorry I can't give you the male perspective myself :/ good luck!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (255)
56.79%
I don't have everything I need (194)
43.21%

Watched Threads