The Student Room Group

Financial support for studying in England (from Germany)

Hello everybody,

I am thinking about studying in the Uk, but now I am a bit lost with all the financial support I can get/cannot get and when I should apply for a loan or grant or both?...
I applied through Ucas and now I am waiting for responses from the unis I chose, but now I don`t know if I should apply for a loan (student finance service, account?) or if I should wait first until I will get an answer from the universitys...How does it work with the grants/scholarships/ bursaries? Should I apply for it especially at the different unis or is there another programm/ homepage?
And should I do it as fast as possible nevertheless I don`t know if I get a position at a university in England or should I wait until I am sure?
Sorry, but I don`t know how I should deal with it and there are so many options...
Reply 1
As an EU student, you will be eligible to apply for the Tuition Fee Loan from Student Finance. You would not get any help with living expenses. You should apply as soon as possible - you do not need to have any offers first.

Other funding such as scholarships and bursaries might be offered by individual universities. You would have to check their websites to see if you are eligible and how to apply.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending