Getting an online art presence - what sites do professionals use?

Watch this thread
lo-li-ta
Badges: 0
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
I'm thinking of getting an online portfolio for my art in the summer, but I need some advice on what websites are best, and how to present myself, etc.
I'm not talking deviantArt or anything like that (I've had dA and it was mostly social, not really that professional) but I've seen a lot of freelancers using blogspot. What I want to ask is, what do you think are the best sites for a semi-professional portfolio, and how's the best way to go about presenting yourself? What sites are the most flexible when it comes to visually presenting your art? Most ones I've seen have a very rigid visual layout whereby you can't really change much, or make things look unique. Also, can pseudonyms actually be effective when you're promoting yourself? Any advice/opinions would be rad.
Thanks in advance.
apple32
Badges: 13
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 6 years ago
You can use blogger or any other blogging platform to showcase your work if you want. However, if you want to create a blog on blogger or other free sites, I would recommend buying a theme for it. There are free themes on blogger but they aren't that great and for someone wanting to create an online portfolio, you want something that looks more polished. You can buy nice themes from sites like etsy. There are loads to pick from.

I forgot to mention tumblr (free). It's a blogging platform with a great community. They have tons of great themes.

Other people probably designed the site themselves or had professionals create one for them. I am looking for a new platform myself. I am currently on blogger but it's not what I want. Finding the right theme/design is a lot of work.

I do not recommend using a pseudonym. This makes it possible for someone else to claim the site and work as theirs and will cause possible employers to wonder why you don't represent yourself online properly.
zmacfarlane
Badges: 0
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
Great book for students

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Tips-Archite...cture+students
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Psychology Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (217)
42.63%
The paper was reasonable (219)
43.03%
Not feeling great about that exam... (46)
9.04%
It was TERRIBLE (27)
5.3%

Watched Threads