The Student Room Group

Geography OCR B GCSE 3rd June

How did you all find it?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I thought it was pretty good, some badly worded questions but not too hard
Original post by jacktd98
I thought it was pretty good, some badly worded questions but not too hard

yes! some of the questions were worded weirdly. What did you think of the case studies?
Reply 3
Original post by Charlottemulcahy
yes! some of the questions were worded weirdly. What did you think of the case studies?

The first case study was weird, they asked for coastal management, which is fine, the second part asked about conflict :s-smilie:
Reply 4
WEREN'T THE CASE STUDIES THE MOST BEAUTIFUL THINGS IN LIFE
4 figure grid refernces though ?? where was that place:/
Reply 5
Original post by sdjslkj
WEREN'T THE CASE STUDIES THE MOST BEAUTIFUL THINGS IN LIFE
4 figure grid refernces though ?? where was that place:/

9704 i think
Original post by ImATROL
The first case study was weird, they asked for coastal management, which is fine, the second part asked about conflict :s-smilie:

I was going to do Studland at first but I couldn't think of conflict so I did Happisburgh instead.
Original post by ImATROL
9704 i think

Do you think they'll give a a few options? Because the CBD isn't that exact. I also know people who didn't realise where the shopping centre was.. even though it was on the map
Reply 8
Original post by Charlottemulcahy
Do you think they'll give a a few options? Because the CBD isn't that exact. I also know people who didn't realise where the shopping centre was.. even though it was on the map

They usually give u options but that was the nearest point.

The last case study was orrible, I couldn't remember anything place specific details.
Oh I don't know, still not sure about how I feel about it :colondollar:
Reply 10
There was an OLDHAM and oldham which wasn't in bold letters, thought they were trying to catch us out so chose the reference for the one written without bold font, spent ages trying to locate small letters that could give some clue, thanks ocr!

If you did coastal management of Happisburgh, conflicts could be that the place is not considered to be valuable enough and so on.
Reply 11
The shopping centre (new shopping area) had a labelled arrow coming off it, it was the small part outlined in black.
OMG same I spent ages looking for it! I thought it was the new shopping centre at first until I read the other questions :/ I wish durdle was a case study and I was glad china was one
Original post by ImATROL

I think I chose the case study that was mentioned in the resource booklet for figure 3 with the two cliffs because it had the place specific detail
Reply 14
Who else was confused about what this meant
Figure 4, give two pieces of evidence from the photograph that this is the edge of town
I wrote about the fact there was only one car and no services could be seen and houses were all built close together,no development was done there
Reply 15
Original post by Tb101
Figure 4, give two pieces of evidence from the photograph that this is the edge of town
I wrote about the fact there was only one car and no services could be seen and houses were all built close together,no development was done there

i said they were newly build in the open land near the countryside, also i said the houses were large which showed they werent inner city
Original post by Tb101

i think i put the houses were detached and that some houses had driveways? Just tried to point out the difference between the two photos but idk - the whole pop and settlement section i hated though :s-smilie:
Reply 17
How did everyone do with their coursework?
A picture of my house was in the resource booklet :biggrin:
Reply 19
Ive forgotten the questions for population and settlement :s-smilie:
Natural hazards seemed to be all volcanoes volcanoes

Quick Reply

Latest