Fern_
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
I don't think I did well this year(AS level) as I couldn't cope with the significant change from GCSE to A-level.
I wish I could retake but next year they are reforming A-levels and I don't think I can cope with doing all my exams at the end of the year.
Anyone have any advice on what I should do?
Should I retake next year anyway? And if I do, and I retake some of the same subjects, would there be significant changes to what I would need to learn for my exams?
Jai Sandhu
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Fern_)
I don't think I did well this year(AS level) as I couldn't cope with the significant change from GCSE to A-level.
I wish I could retake but next year they are reforming A-levels and I don't think I can cope with doing all my exams at the end of the year.
Anyone have any advice on what I should do?
Should I retake next year anyway? And if I do, and I retake some of the same subjects, would there be significant changes to what I would need to learn for my exams?
Next year is the last year for re-sits so you will be able to re-sit if you want. Wait till results day though, you might do a lot better than you thought.
Fern_
Rep:
?
(Original post by Jai Sandhu)
Next year is the last year for re-sits so you will be able to re-sit if you want. Wait till results day though, you might do a lot better than you thought.
Is next year the last year for modular examination?
I thought they was gonna change it to linear next year
Jai Sandhu
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Fern_)
Is next year the last year for modular examination?
I thought they was gonna change it to linear next year
Next year will be the first year to start linear exams (although our school does linear exams with AS and A2 = many many exams this year), but AS levels will still be a possibility, they will not help meet offers for those starting next year but they can still be sat.
SBKA
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Life usually works itself out. I do not think I have done that well in AS, and sometimes I have this rising moments of panic, but then I just remember how lucky I am already and how everything will work out
Fern_
Rep:
?
(Original post by Jai Sandhu)
Next year will be the first year to start linear exams (although our school does linear exams with AS and A2 = many many exams this year), but AS levels will still be a possibility, they will not help meet offers for those starting next year but they can still be sat.
I don't think my sixth form is letting us re-sit our AS level, instead going straight in with the new changes.
How are you feeling with linear examination? Do you think it's harder than modular?
Fern_
Rep:
?
(Original post by SBKA)
Life usually works itself out. I do not think I have done that well in AS, and sometimes I have this rising moments of panic, but then I just remember how lucky I am already and how everything will work out
I also think like that sometimes too, I have many great things and people in my life that's why I don't want to disappoint them if I can't finish A levels and go university 😔
maggie43
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
just resit the modules you havent done well in this year next summer
SBKA
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Fern_)
I also think like that sometimes too, I have many great things and people in my life that's why I don't want to disappoint them if I can't finish A levels and go university 😔
I think most parents would be proud of their kids as long as they are working hard at something which they enjoy. I don't think university is the be all and end all of that, as there are loads of people who have succeeded without it.

If you are really set on university, you could maybe do a third year at college. Or maybe work really hard to achieve decent A2 grades and then look to apply the following year or find a place during clearing.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (69)
18.16%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (108)
28.42%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (143)
37.63%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (48)
12.63%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (12)
3.16%

Watched Threads