The Student Room Group

AQA German GCSE- 3/6/15

How did everyone find the listening and reading papers today?

Scroll to see replies

I thought the listening was fine but there were quite a few on the reading I think I've got wrong 😓
Reply 2
Original post by Sjackson2903
I thought the listening was fine but there were quite a few on the reading I think I've got wrong 😓

For some reason I found both not too great! Reading was ok but I know I got some wrong on the Christmas market question and the one about music
Original post by Rup1999
For some reason I found both not too great! Reading was ok but I know I got some wrong on the Christmas market question and the one about music

Yeah, if the listening was hard I had probably forgotten about it by the time I'd finished the reading 😂 I thought the christmas one was fine apart from the bit about santa arriving on a ship, I got that one wrong... I'm just worried because I've never had below and A* on the practises I've done, so wasn't really worried about this one but now i can think of loads of questions I wasn't sure about the answer to 😢
Everyone at my school thought the listening was really hard! My teacher said they will probably drop the grade boundaries though which is good... if you have good Controlled Assessment this is worth more than your exams remember. I thought the reading was relatively okay, although did not like the music in restaurants and the Burkina Faso questions...
Listening was quite easy. But the reading, I felt, was much trickier this year. I was just sitting through that music question and thinking to myself 'wtf were AQA smoking when they made this question?'
Whaaaat no way! The one on the listening with the clothes shop, and the grade 2 were hard... Then there was that horrible one on the reading about the stupid music haha
Original post by CloudPotter98
Whaaaat no way! The one on the listening with the clothes shop, and the grade 2 were hard... Then there was that horrible one on the reading about the stupid music haha

There were a few tricky ones here and there in the listening, but I don't think it adds up to that of the reading paper. Btw for the grade 2 one I think she was worried about what her mum would say.
was the listening answer for the transport overground or plane?
Overall, made a few mistakes but thought that it was a decent exam
I loved the reading paper, it was extremely easy for me, however I struggled on the Listening, particularly the non-multiple questions.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 10
the one for what the christmas markets originally sold was christmas tree decorations apparently, did anyone else put jewelry haha?
Reply 11
Original post by CloudPotter98

for the clothes on i got it had closed down and sophies mum worked there. not sure if it was right tho :/
Do you guys know anyone who did OCR on tsr??
Original post by franm1
the one for what the christmas markets originally sold was christmas tree decorations apparently, did anyone else put jewelry haha?

'Schmuck' can translate to either jewelry or decorations. But I think in the given context, decorations would be correct.
Reply 14
the listening was ok as you could make out what most of the stuff meant. Reading was horrible, half the stuff i didnt even understand, the grade boundaries for that will be really low i mean what were AQA thinking
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 15
Original post by _Emanuele_
'Schmuck' can translate to either jewelry or decorations. But I think in the given context, decorations would be correct.

yeah it said christmas tree after tho so jewelry for the christmas tree are christmas decorations
Original post by franm1
yeah it said christmas tree after tho so jewelry for the christmas tree are christmas decorations

I don't think markscheme's too strict on this stuff. As long as you mentioned the Xmas tree, I think it's ok.
Reply 17
Original post by _Emanuele_
I don't think markscheme's too strict on this stuff. As long as you mentioned the Xmas tree, I think it's ok.

i didnt i put jewerly
Reply 18
Original post by franm1
for the clothes on i got it had closed down and sophies mum worked there. not sure if it was right tho :/

thats what i put down as well
Reply 19
Original post by davinaxo
thats what i put down as well

always reassuring when someone puts the same answer as you haha :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest