jc997
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Basically, I have applied for around 15 apprenticeships in engineering in the past month, and only had one response which was an invitation to a mechanical comprehension test online today, needless to say i believe that i have done poorly so that one looks of the cards. Just wondering if it anyone has had past experience with apprenticeships and it usually takes them this long to get back to you. Cheers
Millymuldoon
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by jc997)
Basically, I have applied for around 15 apprenticeships in engineering in the past month, and only had one response which was an invitation to a mechanical comprehension test online today, needless to say i believe that i have done poorly so that one looks of the cards. Just wondering if it anyone has had past experience with apprenticeships and it usually takes them this long to get back to you. Cheers
Hi.
my son has applied for quite a few apprenticehip jobs. He, like yourself has had to do online tests. Unfortunately for him he has not got any further after doing the online tests. It is very disheartening, especially when some companies don't even bother getting back to you!
Have you applied to college? Maybe best for you to have a "plan B" just incase you don't manage to get an apprenticeship. My son has a college course arranged.
What annoys me is, you do these online tests and never get to know if you've past them or not.
Anyway, keep on in there and i'm sure you'll do just fine in whatever you eventually do.
jc997
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
I agree, it is extremely frustrating to get no response. I haven't applied for college yet, if come September I haven't found one, I'm going to join the army as an electrical engineer! So at least I have that. Cheers for the response
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (3)
3.75%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (11)
13.75%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (14)
17.5%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (9)
11.25%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (29)
36.25%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (14)
17.5%

Watched Threads