The Student Room Group

Don't have an economics A level but...

Hi, I am just finishing up my A levels with geography, maths and religious studies, predicted 2A*s and an A.
I have an offer for geography at Durham, but I only applied because i didn't know what else to do so I deferred entry on my UCAS.

I have recently taken an interest in economics, and am considering applying for PPE.

I know I do not have an economics A level, but are there any other related degrees i should be looking at and is a lack of economics a level a barrier at higher level universities? (ie cambridge)
Original post by JustHoping
Hi, I am just finishing up my A levels with geography, maths and religious studies, predicted 2A*s and an A.
I have an offer for geography at Durham, but I only applied because i didn't know what else to do so I deferred entry on my UCAS.

I have recently taken an interest in economics, and am considering applying for PPE.

I know I do not have an economics A level, but are there any other related degrees i should be looking at and is a lack of economics a level a barrier at higher level universities? (ie cambridge)

I got an offer from Cambridge without doing an economics A level, you just have to show you have a genuine interest in Economics. My offer is A*A*AA, which is higher than usual but hopefully I'll be able to get that this year !
Reply 2
That't comforting :smile:
I like economics, but also philosophy and pyschology and stuff. But I know PPE at Oxford is very competitive :frown:
Original post by JustHoping
is a lack of economics a level a barrier at higher level universities? (ie cambridge)

No.

It puts you at a disadvantage, albeit not one that is too big to fix.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending