The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

Reply 580
They've stopped listing the college now :smile: But if you're in college congrats then you've 99% sure that you've got a spot
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Reply 581
Ah, thanks. So, presuming I get an offer, will I find out which college when they update UCAS or will they send me a letter/email telling me?
Reply 582
UCAS will tell you when you get your offer, under campus there will be either a number or letter corresponding to your college
I have checked my like "Durham Track" and it says "Your application has been received by a College" at Van Mildert. Does that mean I have got through the department stage. ( It is the first time I have checked it.)
Does this mean I am just as likely to be rejected as being accepted?
Just I have heard people say if you get to this stage you are pretty much given a offer :s-smilie:.
I thiiiink it means you're pretty much guaranteed a place, but not necessarily at van mildert

Not entiiirely sure though!
Yep, that's right! Think the odds are about 90% certain you'll get a place, but not necessarily at Van Mildert, depends whether they have room for you there. If not they'll move you to a 2nd college :smile: Well done!
Yeah, you're pretty much guaranteed an offer now, though as the others have said you may be moved away from Mildert.
purple-girl
Yeah, you're pretty much guaranteed an offer now, though as the others have said you may be moved away from Mildert.

I hope not, I really liked Mildert.
Maturity
I hope not, I really liked Mildert.

Don't worry about it, chances are you'll stay in Mildert, there's just a slight possibility you'll be moved away.
Hi all,

My Durham track status has changed. Previously it read:

Business Economics (L112)

Your application has been received by the department.
Your application has not been received by the college (Hatfield).

It now reads:

Business (N200)

A decision has not yet been made. Please visit the UCAS website for further details.

Has my application been moved onto a different courses' department? Why has the line that usually comes up when an application has been sent to a college come up without any mention of "Your application has been received by your college"? Has this happened to anyone before? This seems quite strange as the deadline for making a decision on an applicant by the university is the coming Wednesday.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Reply 590
Hilly291031
Hi all,

My Durham track status has changed. Previously it read:

Business Economics (L112)

Your application has not been received by the college (Hatfield).

It now reads:

Business (N200)

A decision has not yet been made. Please visit the UCAS website for further details.

Has my application been moved onto a different courses' department? Why has the line that usually comes up when an application has been sent to a college come up without any mention of "Your application has been received by your college"? Has this happened to anyone before? This seems quite strange as the deadline for making a decision on an applicant by the university is the coming Wednesday.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

presumably they've decided that you're not a suitable candidate for Business Economics, but think you might be for Business (which is a course at Queens Campus).

Durham is also not amazing at letting people know on time, and they could well let you know after the deadline. If they do this you will have longer to make your decisions.
Thank you for the quick reply Aula. So you think this could be quite possible - I am more than happy to do more business and less economics, which would be the case. So do you think it is positive? Also do you make of the second line? Am I in with a decent chance of an offer?

Thanks again.
Reply 592
second line just means they've not made a decision yet. You'll just have to wait and see. Good luck :yy:

Do be aware that this course is at Queens Campus, and therefore at Stockton, not the main university in Durham though.
more info about the course is here: http://www.dur.ac.uk/economics.finance/undergraduate/stockton/
But I can still stay with Hatfield College can't I if I were to be offered a place? Or are the campus' too far away?
Reply 594
Hilly291031
But I can still stay with Hatfield College can't I if I were to be offered a place? Or are the campus' too far away?

nope, if you got an offer for this course you'd be at Stockton, so you'd be at one of the colleges there instead. That'd be Stephenson or Snow.
Hilly291031

Stockton's 26 miles away, so you probably won't be in Durham city too much, if at all.
I know this has been asked a million times before but I still need someone to put my mind at ease :p:

AES now says
Your application has been received by a College
A decision has not yet been made. Please visit the UCAS website for further details

I've heard the 'in college' means you're almost guaranteed a place, but because it says 'a decision has not yet been made' does it mean the department hasn't accepted me yet either?
Reply 597
Original post by BeckyIsOptimistic

I know this has been asked a million times before but I still need someone to put my mind at ease :p:

AES now says
A decision has not yet been made. Please visit the UCAS website for further details

I've heard the 'in college' means you're almost guaranteed a place, but because it says 'a decision has not yet been made' does it mean the department hasn't accepted me yet either?

Check UCAS. When UCAS tells you you have an offer, you have an offer.

AES now says

Hey! Mine says this too! You posted this a few days ago - have you heard back from them since? I'm really on edge about it!!!

I've checked UCAS and there's nothing there. I'm really confused!
Reply 599
Original post by pipster93

Original post by pipster93
Hey! Mine says this too! You posted this a few days ago - have you heard back from them since? I'm really on edge about it!!!

I've checked UCAS and there's nothing there. I'm really confused!

Just wait. AES should never really be looked at because it just causes stress.

Latest

Trending

Trending