PLEASE HELP: writing outside lines in exam Watch

PodOFFICIAL
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hi

I did my geography paper 2 today and for quite a few of the answers I wrote below the dotted lines. My handwriting was neat but I wondered if it will be scanned for the examiner to mark?

I didn't write outside the the bold margins but I wrote between 1-3 lines below the dotted line (2cm at most). I panicked because everyone else asked for paper but I thought it was pointless as it would have been literally loads of single sentences.

I'm really worried it won't get scanned and I will lose marks, the paper I did was AQA btw.

Thanks for your help!!!
AlexDsouza
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by PodOFFICIAL)
Hi

I did my geography paper 2 today and for quite a few of the answers I wrote below the dotted lines. My handwriting was neat but I wondered if it will be scanned for the examiner to mark?

I didn't write outside the the bold margins but I wrote between 1-3 lines below the dotted line (2cm at most). I panicked because everyone else asked for paper but I thought it was pointless as it would have been literally loads of single sentences.

I'm really worried it won't get scanned and I will lose marks, the paper I did was AQA btw.

Thanks for your help!!!
It will be fine, you have nothing to worry about!
As long as it was within the black outline box that is around 1 cm from the edge of the paper, it will be scanned (unless it specifically states otherwise)

Good Luck!
Alex
M_17
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
The bit under the lines, but still in the big box? 99% sure they scan in whole pages, so you should be fine, it's only if you've written outside the box that the issue arises.
Mojam99
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
apparently all that gets scanned are the lines. so im not sure...
boods8897
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I got 90 - 100 UMS on the GCSE science papers and 99% certain I would have written below the lines - must get scanned as I didn't lose the marks for it so you should be fine!

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 31 Jul '19
  • Staffordshire University
    Postgraduate open event - Stoke-on-Trent campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 7 Aug '19
  • University of Derby
    Foundation Open Event Further education
    Wed, 7 Aug '19

What are your favourite crisps?