Hello, can someone please give my some tips for revising for my GCSE year 10 mocks?

Watch this thread
LukeOReilly
Badges: 0
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Hello, I am in Year 10 and I have mock exams coming up in two weeks. Can anyone give me some tips and methods for revising? I want to improve mainly in Triple Science. Thanks in advance.
Smug Life
Badges: 12
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 6 years ago
Get a CGP revision guide for each subject, make questions and answers for the topics on each page, then test yourself or get someone else to test you. I did this and got A*A*A in Triple Science.
LukeOReilly
Rep:
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Thank you for your advice, do you have any more tips?
rebeccaholland
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
My school have already done our Year 10 mocks. I don't do triple science, but I did the same mock exams as the triple set did (B, C and P modules 1-3 OCR) and got A's in all 3. I'd recommend just revising the content as much as you can, even just reading over your revision guide (if you have one) or notes everyday (or whenever you have time). Writing notes out again will probably help you take in information better, but I often lose concentration doing so. Make sure you catch up on any lessons you missed, and cover anything your teacher may have left out when you revise (check your guide/website e.g. BBC Bitesize to check you've covered everything). Do past papers and look through the mark schemes, and try and understand how to tackle questions. If your exam board is OCR, don't worry too much about learning the equations for physics because they include them on the inside cover of the exam (not sure about other exam boards). And finally, don't stress too much, I'm guessing these are your first mock exams and the focus is more on experiencing exams and preparation for your GCSE's than your actual results.
aadil10
Badges: 13
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
CPG are the biggest help ever! Ask anyone who owns them

Past Papers!!!!
metrize
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
Do the past papers, look over notes, not much else I do other than that
Student232
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
I would suggest mygcsescience (if you do aqa) but you have the pay for the additional and triple and the subscription runs out at the end of this year so if you consider it do it next year anyway. You can still watch the core videos on youtube if you are doing core mocks as well. I think revision guides, past papers and gcse science quiz apps are good as well.
If you are struggling with the content eduvee is good as it is like a more detailed version on bitesize, however it may take you a while to go through it so better to look at when you have more time.
Good luck with you mocks!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Physics Paper 1 exam go?

Great! Feeling positive (99)
28.61%
It went fairly well (165)
47.69%
It didn't go too well (55)
15.9%
TERRIBLE! (27)
7.8%

Watched Threads