Jermaine97
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
I'm still on the verge of giving my £150 reservation fee. However, I am not sure whether to have my own Studio flat or share and just have my own Bathroom (En-suite room). WHAT SHOULD I DO? Everyone says you'll make new friends and all that, but won't I already do that in Freshers week and other things?
the artful lounger
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Well in my first year at Exe, I lived in the city centre UNITE halls, and had exactly one other housemate for 4 and a half months, who I almost never spoke to. All my friends I made on my course, and they all lived in various university halls around the campus.

That said, SOME people really enjoy the whole halls experience, and often make good friends outside of their subject who they go on to live with in houseshares etc. It's hard to say how much weight to put on this as it varies enormously from person to person. In general I'd advise living with other people in a shared flat, if anything, to practice for living in houseshares in the future (so you know the things that annoy you so you don't do them to annoy your future housemates).

I gather the ensuites are usually little more than closets with a toilet and/or shower, but it varies between all the various halls so Point Exe might be better than some.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (76)
63.33%
I don't have everything I need (44)
36.67%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed