The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

Failed meeting english condition requirement

Hi guys, I'm really disappointed as I havent been accepted by KCL. I attended the IELTS exam and my achievement was: Listening 6.5 Writing 6.5 Reading 7 Speaking 7.5 Overall 7. However KCL expected 7 overall plus 7 at all four the skills. What they said is that the won't be able to guarantee the place as the offer conditions have not been met. But it really disappoint me the fact I have been rejected for half point only. I wasn't expecting KCL to be so strict.

Anybody else in my situation? Should I attend the exam once again? Should I just try to convince them on accepting me?

Thank you very much.
Hi @Kevin1793, thank you for your question.

Sorry to hear that you didn't reach the required IELTS score. However if you do not want to re-take it, you could apply to study our 5 week Pre-sessional English course instead. This is an academic English course that King's offers for international students who have narrowly missed their required score, and prepares you in terms of both academic English and study skills that you will require for university. Once you successfully complete the programme, we will consider that you have reached the English level required in your offer and will be able to start your main course in September (without having to re-take the IELTS).

The Pre-sessional starts on 23 July and finishes on 4 September. You can find full details here: http://www.kcl.ac.uk/study/elc/study/pre-sessional/introduction.aspx

If you are interested, we strongly recommend you to apply as soon as possible as the deadline is today (22 June). So do it in touch ASAP.

Let us know if you have any further questions!

Best Wishes,

Kerri
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Reply 2
Original post by King’s College London
Hi @Kevin1793, thank you for your question.

Sorry to hear that you didn't reach the required IELTS score. However if you do not want to re-take it, you could apply to study our 5 week Pre-sessional English course instead. This is an academic English course that King's offers for international students who have narrowly missed their required score, and prepares you in terms of both academic English and study skills that you will require for university. Once you successfully complete the programme, we will consider that you have reached the English level required in your offer and will be able to start your main course in September (without having to re-take the IELTS).

The Pre-sessional starts on 23 July and finishes on 4 September. You can find full details here: http://www.kcl.ac.uk/study/elc/study/pre-sessional/introduction.aspx

If you are interested, we strongly recommend you to apply as soon as possible as the deadline is today (22 June). So do it in touch ASAP.

Let us know if you have any further questions!

Best Wishes,

Kerri

Hi ! I need to contact the admission team of the Pre-sessional programme as soon as possible...
Can you provide me a telephone number ?
Hello there - yes sure here you go: Email: [email protected] & Telephone:+44 (0)20 7848 7427.

Thanks,
Kerri

Quick Reply

Latest