What makes people homosexual! (serious discussion not a troll)

Watch
This discussion is closed.
The Dude
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
Right, I'm not a troll or anything and I know people will disagree but I'm being serious:

I think all gay people should be transported to an island (one like the falklands) by the government. Now, this island will be a labour camp and gay people will work in the camp from 8:00am-5:30pm. Only gay people will be allowed to populate the island; 100% gay population.

I think this would be a good idea and I think gay people would like it too. They will be living in a population of total gay and can 'bum' each other to their hearts content. It would be a good thing for gay people and for society as a whole.

Discuss...
The Dude
Rep:
?
Oh by the way sorry, the title should read "What makes people homosexual (continued)!". Because it carries on from the other thread.
Unregistered2
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
I don't know what exactly you mean by a "labour camp", but if you're talking about the so called "labour camps" that were apparent in the period were the Nazis rounded up all jews, Gypsies, Negroes, Homosexuals and killed them all. I think we should get rid of in-tolerant people like you.

I don't mind your opinion, you're entitled to that. But to be in-tolerant and believe in killing people this is where i draw the line.

I really don't believe this is what you think. I reckon you're bored and want to stir some people up.
Surfing Hamster
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Originally posted by The Dude
Right, I'm not a troll or anything and I know people will disagree but I'm being serious:

I think all gay people should be transported to an island (one like the falklands) by the government. Now, this island will be a labour camp and gay people will work in the camp from 8:00am-5:30pm. Only gay people will be allowed to populate the island; 100% gay population.

I think this would be a good idea and I think gay people would like it too. They will be living in a population of total gay and can 'bum' each other to their hearts content. It would be a good thing for gay people and for society as a whole.

Discuss...
You're pathetic.
Rich
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I think 'The Dude' is probably one of the 'Unregistered' fools who was posting Nazi rubbish in the previous thread.

Maybe a mod can close this thread as it's obviously just been created for attention.

Thanks,
unreg
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
I am the person who started the previous thread, and i dont want to disclose my identity. But then it was serious, now this new thread is just a joke. I dont know why they locked my thread. Was it just beacuse it was so popular.? i for one dont know what a troll means
rowei
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
You're sick! Why don't you try having respect for gay people? You might not agree with them, but your response is typically conceited and bigoted. It's people like you who should be transported to an island far away!
Rich
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Originally posted by unreg
I am the person who started the previous thread, and i dont want to disclose my identity. But then it was serious, now this new thread is just a joke. I dont know why they locked my thread. Was it just beacuse it was so popular.? i for one dont know what a troll means
Your thread was locked because someone (an Unregistered I think) started posting Nazi rubbish (which was subsequently removed, so you won't see it now) similar to the first message in this thread. It was starting to get silly and the intelligent discussion had all but expired.

A troll is someone who goes around posting ridiculous, highly controversial and absurd messages just to get a response/get attention, a bit like the original poster of this thread.

Regards,
The Dude
Rep:
?
Originally posted by Unregistered2
I don't know what exactly you mean by a "labour camp", but if you're talking about the so called "labour camps" that were apparent in the period were the Nazis rounded up all jews, Gypsies, Negroes, Homosexuals and killed them all. I think we should get rid of in-tolerant people like you.

I don't mind your opinion, you're entitled to that. But to be in-tolerant and believe in killing people this is where i draw the line.

I really don't believe this is what you think. I reckon you're bored and want to stir some people up.

Who said anything about killing? I don't mean a concentration camp and nobody would be harmed, that isn't what i'm saying! A labour camp is where people work (eg, in factories on the island) they will get paid, it won't be slavery or anything.

Basically, the idea is that they have their own little society! And on the island everyone would be gay! They can run the island themselves (democratically) and build anything they want (eg, pubs, cinemas etc). It will be like a lttle gay country!

This would be good for society as a whole (in Britain) and for gay people! It's NOT about Nazism and concentraion camps, it is simply about dividing up social groups (dividing gays from straights). I think it would be a good idea!

BTW I didn't post any Nazi comments on the other thread! You must be mixing me up with someone else! I am NOT a bigot or Nazi or homophobic!

I'm not a troll either, serious mature discussion is all it is! Just because my idea doesn't fit in with what you believe it doesn't mean that i'm a troll! You are bigotted against my opinion! So are technically a hypocrite!
tagzt
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
i am inclined to agree that this guy is trying to offer a genuine point of view, although using the term "labour camp" did not help.

this is kind of a matrix scenario (robots forming their own country) and poses some interesting questions, gay people would be free from discrimination but separated from their loved ones. also, would going to this "island" being compulsory or optional? if optional then those gay people who stay behind would be subject to even more intense discrimination, pushing them to leave their friends and family.

on the whole i do not think this is a good idea but i can believe that "the dude" was trying to promote genuine discussion.
Rich
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Originally posted by The Dude
Who said anything about killing? I don't mean a concentration camp and nobody would be harmed, that isn't what i'm saying! A labour camp is where people work (eg, in factories on the island) they will get paid, it won't be slavery or anything.

Basically, the idea is that they have their own little society! And on the island everyone would be gay! They can run the island themselves (democratically) and build anything they want (eg, pubs, cinemas etc). It will be like a lttle gay country!

This would be good for society as a whole (in Britain) and for gay people! It's NOT about Nazism and concentraion camps, it is simply about dividing up social groups (dividing gays from straights). I think it would be a good idea!

BTW I didn't post any Nazi comments on the other thread! You must be mixing me up with someone else! I am NOT a bigot or Nazi or homophobic!

I'm not a troll either, serious mature discussion is all it is! Just because my idea doesn't fit in with what you believe it doesn't mean that i'm a troll! You are bigotted against my opinion! So are technically a hypocrite!
Why should gay people adapt to live as you think is best for society? What makes you think that you are qualified to make such a decision as what's best for society? Why not put all heterosexual people or all christian people on an island somewhere, just because there is someone, somewhere who does not agree with being heterosexual or christian?

Have you never heard of social diversity? Without it I don't believe that human society would function. Different properties of different people, such as their sexuality, their religious beliefs or their nationality work together to provide each member of society with different strengths and weaknesses, and thus a collection of individuals who can work together to create a society, which is better for all. Exclude one class of society from the equation and you weaken society as a whole.

However good-intentioned your labour camp is at the beginning, it would still create a sexual underclass, as you have impinged on homosexual people's human rights by forcing them to occupy this island. Children would grow up not knowing about and understanding this artificial underclass, until no one understood them anymore and everyone feared them, because people fear what they don't understand. With fear comes directed aggression and extreme prejudice, thus transforming your labour camp to something reminiscent of a Nazi concentration camp.

Maybe you're not a troll, but I feel very sorry for you if you're not, as you obviously have some pretty warped ideas as to what would be good for society.

Regards,
rIcHrD
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
This should be closed.
The Dude
Rep:
?
QUOTE]Originally posted by rahaydenuk
Different properties of different people, such as their sexuality, their religious beliefs or their nationality work together to provide each member of society with different strengths and weaknesses, and thus a collection of individuals who can work together to create a society, which is better for all. Exclude one class of society from the equation and you weaken society as a whole.[/QUOTE]

Tell me, how is homosexuality good for society? What does it contribute? Heterosexuality contributes the function of reproduction; homosexuality doesn't do anything for society at all (in fact, it does more harm than good because it causes prejudice etc).

I don't really have anything against gays, each to their own I say. They are consenting adults and can do what they want as long as they don't harm anyone. But that said, I do think that the widespread homosexuality of today is destroying the moral fabric of society. We need to go back to basics! At one time religion provided a moral framework for everyone to live there lives, but today this is not so and there is nothing to replace it. Where do we draw the line between acceptable and unacceptable behaviour? We need to draw it somewhere before society goes completely down the pan!

Food for thought, someone on the other thread said that 90% of gays eat each other’s poo and defecate into each other’s mouths and stuff! Quite frankly, I find this abhorrent and disgusting. Where do we draw the line? They might not be harming anyone by eating ****, but that still doesn't make it right does it? Why do they eat ****? Do they get some sort of twisted sick kick out of it or something? Disgusting and sick!

Where do we draw the line? That’s what I mean about putting them on an island, they can do what they want there that’s fine, but not in mainstream society! They can chose to live by the norms and values of mainstream society or they can go to the island, the choice is theirs. They will only be forced to go and live on the island if they don't conform to acceptable behaviour in the main society (Britain).

I might be studying political science at Oxford (depending on grades) and if I become the prime minister (or someone in power) this is what I will do! An island! Before complete chaos destroys society (that is the way I think society is heading).

We need to get BACK TO BASICS!
lou p lou
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
This thread is absurd! Are you seriously suggesting that all gay people should be exiled? what about people who can't have children (how pointless are they?) or people who use contraceptives- there is more to life than having children (i know evoloution causes that to be our main purpose, but people need to be happy as well). Homosexuality only causes prejudice because bigotted people like yourself go around s**t stirring.

Homosexual people are an essential part of soceity- who they fall in love with does not effect the people they are. if they were all 'put on an island' together we would be without some of our doctors, teachers etc.

the day someone like you becomes prime minister is the day that we realise democracy really is dead + the day i emigrate.

oh- and before you come up with some complete sh** about 'oooh, touche- she's got to be gay' i'm not- i just have a couple of brain cells in my head.
Rich
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Originally posted by lou p lou
This thread is absurd! Are you seriously suggesting that all gay people should be exiled? what about people who can't have children (how pointless are they?) or people who use contraceptives- there is more to life than having children (i know evoloution causes that to be our main purpose, but people need to be happy as well). Homosexuality only causes prejudice because bigotted people like yourself go around s**t stirring.

Homosexual people are an essential part of soceity- who they fall in love with does not effect the people they are. if they were all 'put on an island' together we would be without some of our doctors, teachers etc.

the day someone like you becomes prime minister is the day that we realise democracy really is dead + the day i emigrate.

oh- and before you come up with some complete sh** about 'oooh, touche- she's got to be gay' i'm not- i just have a couple of brain cells in my head.
Well said!
lou p lou
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Originally posted by rahaydenuk
Well said!
Thankyou. I also think that 'The Dude's' idea that it isn't harmful to soceity- but just seperating them for their own good- is very reminiscent of racism in south africa- they got to the stage of having different sides of the pavement for black people and white people- this is one step further.
Koloth
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I have closed this thread because it could be considered offensive to certain minorities. I'll allow D to make a final decision on deletion.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now? (select all that apply)

Lack of purpose or routine (162)
15.58%
Uncertainty around my education (170)
16.35%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (100)
9.62%
Isolating with family (71)
6.83%
Lack of support system (eg. Teachers, counsellors) (39)
3.75%
Lack of exercise/ability to be outside (90)
8.65%
Loneliness (103)
9.9%
Financial worries (46)
4.42%
Concern about myself or my loved ones getting ill (95)
9.13%
Exposure to negative news/social media (74)
7.12%
Lack of real life entertainment (eg. cinema, gigs, restaurants) (90)
8.65%

Watched Threads