This discussion is closed.
dusty
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
Just thought I'd say it, A Levels are as broing as watching paint dry. For the record I did Maths, Physics, RS and Art. I can't wait to get onto something less limited... anyone else think this?!
bloodhound
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
what do u mean by less limited?
rIcHrD
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I'd have to agree, I found them boring too, but only as boring as I've found most of the other stuff like GCSEs. I dunno what you mean by limited wither; do you mean unchallenging or unenjoyable or what?

The only difference I can see between A levels and uni is you get to do what you want in uni but you have to do what unis want in A levels. I guess from that respect, uni can be more interesting/less boring simply because it's more along your interest.
dusty
Originally posted by bloodhound
what do u mean by less limited?
A Levels, you jump thru hoops endlessly and don't actually need to learn / understand anything at all. You do what it says on the syllabus and aren't credited for going further into what interests you about a given subject. Thats limiting.
Smoke and Ashes
Report 16 years ago
Yes, in some ways they are limiting, but just because you don't get credited for going further into a subject does not mean that you are not allowed to! So you don't *have* to find it limiting.
bloodhound
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
ur the one who should do the further research into studies if u really wanted to. the teachers dont want to pressurise pple into doing that. if ur really interested , u should be going further and stop saying a level sucks.

ps. it does. but i dont care. makes life much easier
dusty
I'm not saying I just sit on my ass dudes!! Sure, I read about stuff, its just boring doing the other stuff. I still maintain they're limiting in terms of the exams, as you have to learn to jump thru exam hoops, play the game and be boring.

A Levels also suck now because the AS-A2 system is a shocker and is distuptive. AS is completely trivial and A2 is trying to do what A Levels did in two years.

Sorry if I seem a lil negative, I'm just so glad to be free and moving on. Peace guys.
bloodhound
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
u wont be saying that Alevel sucksed when u go to uni. cos then u ganna have a bull oload of wrok to do and u will look back and say those were the good old days
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

If you're planning on going to uni this year, would any of these financial reasons stop you?

Not being able to work now to save up for uni (84)
13.98%
Reduced household income due to coronavirus means I can't afford to go (49)
8.15%
Lack of part-time jobs to support me while I'm at uni (75)
12.48%
Lack of graduate job prospects when I finish uni (67)
11.15%
Other reasons are stopping me going (79)
13.14%
Nothing is stopping me going (247)
41.1%

Watched Threads