AQA Psychology A2: Dicuss/outline+evaluate?

Watch this thread
Mattyo37
Badges: 0
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
I'm not so sure on what the difference is between these two terms in a question. Say a 24 mark question could be 'Discuss the ___ theory' or 'Outline and evaluate ____ theory'. The weighting of a01/a02 is the same so how should they be answered?

Thanks.

atiyaaloveszaynx
Badges: 12
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 7 years ago
Hey! In psychology essays, if it says Outline and Evaluate then your AO1 is theory and maybe evidence if the theory is limited, and the AO2 is the evaluation i.e issues, debates, research, methdological issues. Some questions that may be 4 markers may say 'Outline the theory...' for that you just talk about the theory. Another may say 'evaluate this theory' where you'd then talk about the pros and cons of the theory. If a question says 'Discuss', it's the same as outline and evaluate - that's what discuss means. For example, last year one question said 'Discuss the evolutionary explanation for food preference', so 'outline and evaluate' so it's basically the same - you'd talk about the theory and back it up with research and then evaluate the research.

Hope that helps!
Mattyo37
Badges: 0
Rep:
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Yeah, that's great, thanks a lot
atiyaaloveszaynx
Badges: 12
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
You're welcome, good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

How are you feeling about your SQA results?

They're better than I expected (20)
31.75%
They're what I expected (19)
30.16%
They're worse than what I expected (24)
38.1%

Watched Threads