The Student Room Group

WJEC maths calc

Scroll to see replies

Original post by G98
Thanks. This makes me feel a lot better. I was really starting to doubt myself. :smile:

Do you remember what questions were opposite the sine graph page

I'm pretty sure that was the page on with the two triangles on.
Reply 41
Original post by jamesalsbury
I'm pretty sure that was the page on with the two triangles on.

Okay thanks. frequency polygon graph were we meant to plot the points on each intersection. i.e. 4.5<5.5 would you plot the point on 5. I know this might seem like a bit of a stupid question but I was a bit unsure, so I just plotted the point on 5 and whatever number corresponded in the table.
Original post by G98
Okay thanks. frequency polygon graph were we meant to plot the points on each intersection. i.e. 4.5<5.5 would you plot the point on 5. I know this might seem like a bit of a stupid question but I was a bit unsure, so I just plotted the point on 5 and whatever number corresponded in the table.

Yeah that's right.
Reply 43
Yeah that's right.

That's great, thanks. In the non calculator paper what did you get for the two probability questions at the end (if you can remember). I think I got 1/2 and 1/17
Original post by G98
That's great, thanks. In the non calculator paper what did you get for the two probability questions at the end (if you can remember). I think I got 1/2 and 1/17

That seems like years ago now haha! And i can't remember exactly but I think both of my answers were a lot bigger than that.
Reply 45
That seems like years ago now haha! And i can't remember exactly but I think both of my answers were a lot bigger than that.

It does seem quite long ago. Anyway I was just wondering whether or not I got it right. I don't think I did as I didn't fully understand the question anyway. :smile:

Just out of interest what are you doing for A levels, or after you leave school. I'm doing Maths, Further Maths, Law, and English Literature.
Original post by G98
It does seem quite long ago. Anyway I was just wondering whether or not I got it right. I don't think I did as I didn't fully understand the question anyway. :smile:

Just out of interest what are you doing for A levels, or after you leave school. I'm doing Maths, Further Maths, Law, and English Literature.

I'm staying in 6th form and am going to start with Maths, Computing, Chemistry and Biology and see how I go. I'll probably drop Computing after year 12 and possibly take up Further Maths but I'll just see what the workload is like.
Reply 47
I'm staying in 6th form and am going to start with Maths, Computing, Chemistry and Biology and see how I go. I'll probably drop Computing after year 12 and possibly take up Further Maths but I'll just see what the workload is like.

Yeah I've heard A levels are a lot of work. I would love to take chemistry but I don't know if I would get accepted, because at GCSE I got an A* in the chemistry coursework, but than I only got a C in the exam, because I didn't revise and plus my teacher gave us the wrong revision book. Then this year are teacher decided to make everyone change to a BTEC course, because only half the class passed. I know I'm going to get a distinction in this course but I don't think i'll be able to do A level chemistry. Ah well :h:
Original post by G98
Yeah I've heard A levels are a lot of work. I would love to take chemistry but I don't know if I would get accepted, because at GCSE I got an A* in the chemistry coursework, but than I only got a C in the exam, because I didn't revise and plus my teacher gave us the wrong revision book. Then this year are teacher decided to make everyone change to a BTEC course, because only half the class passed. I know I'm going to get a distinction in this course but I don't think i'll be able to do A level chemistry. Ah well :h:

Our school do a double award in AQA so last year I got an A overall in science. Aw, well I'm sure if you explain your situation to whoever sorts out your A Levels and tell them how good you are at Chemistry they'll let you take it? If you struggle with it, then you can always drop it after Year 12 anyway.
Reply 49
Our school do a double award in AQA so last year I got an A overall in science. Aw, well I'm sure if you explain your situation to whoever sorts out your A Levels and tell them how good you are at Chemistry they'll let you take it? If you struggle with it, then you can always drop it after Year 12 anyway.

Thanks for the advice. :smile: I did AQA last year as well but just the single award. How many more exams do you have this year and what are they
Original post by G98
Thanks for the advice. :smile: I did AQA last year as well but just the single award. How many more exams do you have this year and what are they

Only have three left now, all with WJEC; English language on Tuesday, History on Wednesday and Computing on Thursday.

What about you?
Reply 51
Only have three left now, all with WJEC; English language on Tuesday, History on Wednesday and Computing on Thursday.

What about you?

I'm doing English Language with WJEC on Tuesday as well. Do you have any advice? I'm really bad at English and I need a B lol. I have one more after that, which is Graphic Products with AQA, which is on the 17th of June.
Original post by G98
I'm doing English Language with WJEC on Tuesday as well. Do you have any advice? I'm really bad at English and I need a B lol. I have one more after that, which is Graphic Products with AQA, which is on the 17th of June.

Are you in England or Wales because the English Language exams are different depending on where you sit them. I'm awful at any subject that involves essays like History, English etc.. Guess I won't have to do any of those next year though.
It was not a bad paper, got to admit. The last question was a little tricky but got to what seemed to be a reasonable answer in the end. All in all however, the paper wasn't bad.
Reply 54
Are you in England or Wales because the English Language exams are different depending on where you sit them. I'm awful at any subject that involves essays like History, English etc.. Guess I won't have to do any of those next year though.

I'm doing the exam in Wales-the WJEC/CBAC exam. I don't know why the exams should be different for England and Wales though. It seems a bit silly. I hate having to write essays as well although I'm taking English Lit and Law next year.
Original post by G98
I'm doing the exam in Wales-the WJEC/CBAC exam. I don't know why the exams should be different for England and Wales though. It seems a bit silly. I hate having to write essays as well although I'm taking English Lit and Law next year.

They're not majorly different, just they sit different parts of it at different times to us. For example, when we were doing ours last Tuesday they were doing Articles/Leaflets/Letters etc.. What books did you study in English Lit this year?
Reply 56
They're not majorly different, just they sit different parts of it at different times to us. For example, when we were doing ours last Tuesday they were doing Articles/Leaflets/Letters etc.. What books did you study in English Lit this year?

For the first exam I did Of Mice and Men and unseen poetry. Of Mice and Men was fairly okay, and the poetry seemed quite easy.

For the second exam I did An inspector calls and About a boy. I think I aced An inspector calls, but did awfully on About a boy. I really don't like About a boy.

I think I've probably got a low A or a high B overall. I got a high B in the coursework. so hopefully I'll get an A overall.

What books did you do? and What grade do you reckon you'll get?
Original post by G98
For the first exam I did Of Mice and Men and unseen poetry. Of Mice and Men was fairly okay, and the poetry seemed quite easy.

For the second exam I did An inspector calls and About a boy. I think I aced An inspector calls, but did awfully on About a boy. I really don't like About a boy.

I think I've probably got a low A or a high B overall. I got a high B in the coursework. so hopefully I'll get an A overall.

What books did you do? and What grade do you reckon you'll get?

We did the first exam last year; To Kill a Mockingbird, got an A in that exam.

This year we did Blood Brothers and Lord of the Flies, I think maybe a low A or high B and I also got a high B in the coursework so I hope i can just scrape that A, it looks soo much better than a B.
Reply 58
We did the first exam last year; To Kill a Mockingbird, got an A in that exam.

This year we did Blood Brothers and Lord of the Flies, I think maybe a low A or high B and I also got a high B in the coursework so I hope i can just scrape that A, it looks soo much better than a B.

Good luck on results day then. I guess we're both in the same boat then. The bools you studied seem so much better. I really hated about a boy , but an inspector calls and of mice and men were okay though. What do you reckon you grades for each individual subject will be on results day?
Original post by G98
Good luck on results day then. I guess we're both in the same boat then. The bools you studied seem so much better. I really hated about a boy , but an inspector calls and of mice and men were okay though. What do you reckon you grades for each individual subject will be on results day?

Yeah I know.

English language; most probably a B
English literature; hope hope hope an A
Science; A* overall
Maths; A*
Computing; A/A*
History; B
Welsh; B
PE; A
RE: A

What about you?

Quick Reply