Music Listening - I need help for tomorrow please!!! Watch

Segsation
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
I've alway struggled with music GCSE as I play the flute and a lot of the course content requires you to know about chords and things you don't need to know as a flute player. Anyway I'm aiming for a B overall in music as that is what i think is most realistic however in all my other subjects i am an a/a* student so ideally I would want an a. The exam tomorrow is that last component to be completed so I could do with as much help and advice as possible to get as high as i possibly can to boost my grades.
schoolgirl1
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Hello! You'll be fine. Just learn all the set works as much as possible and any key terms. 😊 good luck I ha e mine tomorrow too

Posted from TSR Mobile
Segsation
Rep:
?
(Original post by schoolgirl1)
Hello! You'll be fine. Just learn all the set works as much as possible and any key terms. 😊 good luck I ha e mine tomorrow too

Posted from TSR Mobile
What exam board are you?
Asder
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Hey I'm edexcel what are your essay predictions?? Mine are ATGL and Miles Davis and I think Yiri and Bernstein will be left out
Segsation
Rep:
?
(Original post by Asder)
Hey I'm edexcel what are your essay predictions?? Mine are ATGL and Miles Davis and I think Yiri and Bernstein will be left out
I'm AQA sorry. I don't think I (or at least i really hope i don't) have set works for mine. We just get played excerpts of music and have to answer questions e.g. What is the interval between the first two notes?/What is the texture of this excerpt?. We also have one 8 mark question where we have to compare two versions of the same song but other than that all the questions are 1 or 2 marks
Kieran3
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
for and the glory of the lord, do we need to know the notes to each of the 4 motifs? thanks
Asder
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Kieran3)
for and the glory of the lord, do we need to know the notes to each of the 4 motifs? thanks
We might need to notate them but it's unlikely as it's came up before recently for the notation question
OMG IS ME
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
It would be advisable if you learn some composer names and also research about how technology has change music and what technique there are. The notation question you just have to listen if the note is going higher or lower, there will be similar note on the page to give you an idea however it would be slightly higher or lower depend on the music. Hope this help
Asder
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Segsation)
I'm AQA sorry. I don't think I (or at least i really hope i don't) have set works for mine. We just get played excerpts of music and have to answer questions e.g. What is the interval between the first two notes?/What is the texture of this excerpt?. We also have one 8 mark question where we have to compare two versions of the same song but other than that all the questions are 1 or 2 marks
Ahhh sorry but good luck x
schoolgirl1
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Segsation)
What exam board are you?
Edexcel
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cardiff University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 27 Mar '19
  • University of Portsmouth
    Postgraduate and Part-Time Open Evenings Postgraduate
    Wed, 27 Mar '19
  • Middlesex University London
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Wed, 27 Mar '19

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (166)
18.55%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (91)
10.17%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (148)
16.54%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (131)
14.64%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (85)
9.5%
How can I be the best version of myself? (274)
30.61%

Watched Threads