The Student Room Group

OCR History GCSE (Paper 2, British Depth Study)

Hi :smile:

The exam is next Wednesday, who else is doing it?
I've got a week to revise for this one so not too much stress, except there is a lot to learn!

Mo

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Morganblue68
Hi :smile:

The exam is next Wednesday, who else is doing it?
I've got a week to revise for this one so not too much stress, except there is a lot to learn!

Mo

I'm doing this exam :smile: Hoping to do better on this than paper 1 too. Are doing Britain from 1890-1918 or 1939-1975? x
I'm doing this exam-1939-75 I have a lot of skill with the 16 mark questions, I've had 13,14,14,15 marks in my mocks when marked so I'm hoping I'll be consistent in the exam. As for the other questions, I really need to sharpen up as in Paper 1 I think I dropped 5-7 marks on the first page alone😔
Reply 3
i'm doing this paper! 1890-1918
i'm not as good with paper 2 as paper 1 mainly because i struggle with sources but i understand the topics quite well
any predictions for what will come up? i'm predicting liberal reforms
Reply 4
Original post by grovyle
i'm doing this paper! 1890-1918
i'm not as good with paper 2 as paper 1 mainly because i struggle with sources but i understand the topics quite well
any predictions for what will come up? i'm predicting liberal reforms

my teacher told us that this year ocr have changed things and we can get a mix of topics!! so scary but it could be sources about the impacts of liberal reforms on women etc
Reply 5
Original post by dins432
my teacher told us that this year ocr have changed things and we can get a mix of topics!! so scary but it could be sources about the impacts of liberal reforms on women etc

what really?! woah i didn't know :0 welp, at least im prepared if that shows up
Reply 6
Original post by dins432

we haven't been told that either?! ahhh.. i think i did ok on paper 1 but i usually do worse on paper 2.. any revision resources?
Can anyone explain how to structure the 16-mark question? Thanks!!
Reply 8
Does anyone know what came up in Jan? women/immigration/youths? I know its not good to try and predict but time is running out so I want to chose one to focus on. Also what's this news that OCR might do a mix of topics?!!!!!!!
Reply 9
how would you answer the big 16 marker at the end? our teachers never explained to us about it just it had more depth to it whatever that means?
Original post by grovyle
how would you answer the big 16 marker at the end? our teachers never explained to us about it just it had more depth to it whatever that means?

my teacher told us to leave at least 15 mins for the last question and to organise it into 3 paragraphs, one paragraph agreeing with the statement, one opposing it and a conclusion one too
Original post by morgan1999
my teacher told us to leave at least 15 mins for the last question and to organise it into 3 paragraphs, one paragraph agreeing with the statement, one opposing it and a conclusion one too

thank you!
Original post by bestrevision23
Can anyone explain how to structure the 16-mark question? Thanks!!

You look at all the sources of the paper and label which ones are for and against the statement. Then you state the sources for the statement and explain at least two of them and evaluate them. So you could question their reliability if they're trustworthy, etc. Then you would do the same for the sources against the statement. Then you would do a conclusion and state overall whether the sources of the paper agree with the statement.

That's how I was taught it anyway. I hope that was useful!
Original post by grovyle
thank you!

you're welcome :smile:
are there any predictions for the Britain paper on wednesday? as in what was it last year(women,immigration,youth, impact of war)
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 15
What are the different topics we need to revise, AND is the paper just on us Brits in what ever period.
Thanks
Original post by Will.t
What are the different topics we need to revise, AND is the paper just on us Brits in what ever period.
Thanks

I'm doing the 1890 paper and revising
Britain on the home front
Women suffrage
Liberal reforms
Reply 17
Which section came up last year out of the 3?
Reply 18
Last year was the home front in WWI, so its unlikely to come up twice in a row
Ww1 has come up for 2 years and it was liberal reforms the year before that so My teacher thinks it will be women

Quick Reply