The Student Room Group

Mr M's OCR FSMQ Additional Maths June 2015 Answers

Mr M's OCR FSMQ Additional Maths June 2015 Answers

1. Perpendicular line

3x2y=13x-2y=1 or equivalent (3 marks)

2. Trigonometry

(i) 124 degrees (2 marks)

(ii) 11.5 degrees or 168 degrees (2 marks)

3. Tangent

y=15x21y=15x-21 or equivalent (5 marks)

4. Integration

(i) 253\frac{25}{3} (4 marks)

(ii) This is the area under the curve bounded by the x axis and the lines x = 1 and x = 2 (1 mark)

5. Train

(i) a = 3 (3 marks)

(ii) 13 metres per second (2 marks)

6. Consecutive integers

(i) n1+n+n+1=99n-1+n+n+1=99

n=33n=33 (2 marks)

(ii) (n1)(n+1)+5n=203(n-1)(n+1)+5n=203

n=12n=12 (4 marks)

7. Simultaneous equations

(i) x = 2 and y = 9 (4 marks)

(ii) The line is a tangent to the parabola at (2, 9) (1 mark)

8. Cubic polynomial

(i) a = -7 (2 marks)

(ii) x = 1, x = 2 and x = -3 (4 marks)

9. Circle

(i) (x4)2+(y+1)2=36(x-4)^2+(y+1)^2=36 (4 marks)

(ii) Inside (evidence required) (2 marks)

10. Window

(i) 44.0 degrees (3 marks)

(ii) 12.7 cm (4 marks)

11. Intersecting parabolas

(i) Show the result (2 marks)

(ii) 2x2+10x8-2x^2+10x-8 (2 marks)

(iii) 2.5 (4 marks)

(iv) 9 (4 marks)

12. Binomial probabilities

(a) (i) 0.0162 (4 marks)

(ii) 0.944 (3 marks)

(b) 0.134 (5 marks)

13. Hexagonal pyramid

(i) 2.35 metres (3 marks)

(ii) 78.0 degrees (2 marks)

(iii) 79.5 degrees (4 marks)

(iv) 1.72 metres (3 marks)

14. Linear programming

(i) x stands for the number of bottles of X

y stands for the number of bottles of Y

This inequality models the usage of A (2 marks)

(ii) 2x+5y902x+5y \leq 90 (1 mark)

(iii) Correct graph (3 marks)

(iv) 12 bottles of X and 12 bottles of Y (2 marks)

(v) Maximum number of bottles is 24

10X and 14Y

11X and 13 Y

12X and 12Y (4 marks)

Scroll to see replies

Thanks for doing it!!
F*** I think that's a D grade for me then :'(
Lol 100
thread=win
quite Irrelevant to this post, but have you got answers for the AQA higher Unit 1 also?
Can't remember Q5, can anyone remember the question itself?
Original post by redsoules
quite Irrelevant to this post, but have you got answers for the AQA higher Unit 1 also?

No sorry.
Original post by Mr M
No sorry.

Ok thanks, Is it possible that other (mods?) will post the AQA U1 Linear answers? Or are the OCR answers the only ones 'allowed' to be posted up?
Ok thanks, Is it possible that other (mods?) will post the AQA U1 Linear answers? Or are the OCR answers the only ones 'allowed' to be posted up?

Any are allowed. You need to find a teacher who can write one. Why not invite your own teacher to do it?
Original post by Mr M
Any are allowed. You need to find a teacher who can write one. Why not invite your own teacher to do it?

That would require a lot of effort for both parties. I'm not even sure that he would have the answers? It's ok, ill hang around the forum for a while to see if any progression takes place.
That would require a lot of effort for both parties. I'm not even sure that he would have the answers? It's ok, ill hang around the forum for a while to see if any progression takes place.

!!! Ok you do that.
just wandering. for the velocity question why wouldnt you use SUVAT (as it was constant acceleration)
No you had to differentiate it.
Thanks Mr M, I got around 85 I think. Are you allowed to post the paper Mr M?
Original post by Lementation
No you had to differentiate it.

i differentiated for part i) to get the constant acceleration. But when finding the velocity for something moving at constant acceleration you use SUVAT
Wow, thanks for uploading the answers! :biggrin:

Can you please just remind me of what question 2)ii) was asking

Also would I get Error carried forward if I got the wrong equation of the circle in Q 9) for Q 9)ii because you need to state whether the point is inside or outside your circle? My circle showed that the point was outside :frown:

And also, how many marks do you think I may get for Q 12)b) I got an answer of 0.2... because I made the stupid mistake of adding the probability of the combinations rather than multiplying them together :angry:

And also for Q )ii) I drew a sketch of the graph and shaded the area under it and labeled it as the area we found in the question before, so would I get a mark for that?

And also for 6)ii) why is there only 1 answer to the quadratic equation?? I`m sure I got 12 but I got some other answer as well or am I just an idiot who put in an answer I shouldn`t have included... If so, how many marks would I lose for including this second answer?

Thank you sooo :smile::smile:much for uploading these answers, I just have 1 final question...

Do you think this paper was easier or harder than past years, so will the grade boundries be higher or lower than 70 for an A etc?

I think I got around 70, what grade do you think that might be? :redface:

Thanks Mr.M!
(edited 8 years ago)
Thanks very much for the answers! For the binomial distribution question 12 b I put 20C3x1/4x3/4 (with 1/4 to the power of 3 and 3/4 to the power of 17)
Do you think this would be a sufficient method for 5 marks?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 17
I marked the ones I could remember and got 61! I couldn't remember the answers I got for 20 of the marks, and got 19 marks wrong. This means I'm getting between 61-81 marks, so I'll get either an A or B, so happy! :biggrin: Thank you for the mark scheme.
Is anyone able to or allowed to upload the actual paper?!?!
Lewis I did the same

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending