Grftkl
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
HI, im sitting this exam externally, so have no teacher. I believe i can get through the first part of the exam using G542 stuff (core studies) although im finding it near impossible to revise for the rest. Any help/tips/revision notes??????????? PLS
TSR Jessica
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. Are you sure you’ve posted in the right place? Posting in the specific Study Help forum should help get responses.

I'm going to quote in She-Ra now so she can move your thread to the right place if it's needed. :yy:

Spoiler:
Show
(Original post by She-Ra)
x
cherryred90s
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Grftkl)
HI, im sitting this exam externally, so have no teacher. I believe i can get through the first part of the exam using G542 stuff (core studies) although im finding it near impossible to revise for the rest. Any help/tips/revision notes??????????? PLS
The first part has nothing to do with studies, the first part is about designing your own practical project..perhaps practice the 19markers and you'll be able to answer the rest of the questions well in that section. Revise all methods of testing hypotheses: correlation/independent measures/repeated measures/matched pairs/observation.. and you need to know all their strengths and weaknesses. it's also worth practicing how to write an operationalised hypothesis and the different types which are one tailed/two tailed/null. it's only 3 marks but as we know, it can make a huge difference. That's for part A.
Part B is when you begin to introduce studies, yeah you can use g542 studies but examiners prefer you to use one from g542 and one from g543.
My notes consist of practicing the 19markers because if you get it wrong, the rest of the section will be wrong and you don't want to lose out on 40marks for a silly mistake. When writing the 19 markers, it's always good to have a format, in the similar way that you revised the g543 studies:
Aim, sampling, ethical implications, controls (if any) materials, method, inferential statistical test and type of data collected. Part A may also ask you about probability p>0.05..that would mean that the probability that there is an actual genuine difference between the two variables is 5% which means that the probability it occurred due to chance is 95% therefore you reject your alternate hypothesis and and accept the null. They could also ask about Type 1 and 2 errors. Type 2 is where you accept your null hypothesis when the alternate was true because we will never be certain (whilst 95% is pretty high, it's not 100% ) ..type 1 is the opposite. I know that part is a little confusing..they may not ask for it. If they do, it's 3 marks and that answer I've given will get you the 3 marks
For section B, you have to revise the strengths and weaknesses of every approach and examples of studies that use this approach (social/individual differences/developmental/biological and cognitive. The perspectives..behaviourism and psychodynamic and the 11 issues and debates (4 are from AS, 7 are from A2)
You'll also need to do the same for methods e.g experimental methods they could ask you to compare the S+W of lab and field experiments using examples from research...they could ask for arguments for and against psychology as a science. They could literally ask you anything in the part B so it's important to revise it all, but they do give you a choice between question 8 and 9 so I guess that makes it a little easier.
I hope this was somewhat helpful and not too long winded!
Grftkl
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
(Original post by cherryred90s)
The first part has nothing to do with studies, the first part is about designing your own practical project..perhaps practice the 19markers and you'll be able to answer the rest of the questions well in that section. Revise all methods of testing hypotheses: correlation/independent measures/repeated measures/matched pairs/observation.. and you need to know all their strengths and weaknesses. it's also worth practicing how to write an operationalised hypothesis and the different types which are one tailed/two tailed/null. it's only 3 marks but as we know, it can make a huge difference. That's for part A.
Part B is when you begin to introduce studies, yeah you can use g542 studies but examiners prefer you to use one from g542 and one from g543.
My notes consist of practicing the 19markers because if you get it wrong, the rest of the section will be wrong and you don't want to lose out on 40marks for a silly mistake. When writing the 19 markers, it's always good to have a format, in the similar way that you revised the g543 studies:
Aim, sampling, ethical implications, controls (if any) materials, method, inferential statistical test and type of data collected. Part A may also ask you about probability p>0.05..that would mean that the probability that there is an actual genuine difference between the two variables is 5% which means that the probability it occurred due to chance is 95% therefore you reject your alternate hypothesis and and accept the null. They could also ask about Type 1 and 2 errors. Type 2 is where you accept your null hypothesis when the alternate was true because we will never be certain (whilst 95% is pretty high, it's not 100% ) ..type 1 is the opposite. I know that part is a little confusing..they may not ask for it. If they do, it's 3 marks and that answer I've given will get you the 3 marks
For section B, you have to revise the strengths and weaknesses of every approach and examples of studies that use this approach (social/individual differences/developmental/biological and cognitive. The perspectives..behaviourism and psychodynamic and the 11 issues and debates (4 are from AS, 7 are from A2)
You'll also need to do the same for methods e.g experimental methods they could ask you to compare the S+W of lab and field experiments using examples from research...they could ask for arguments for and against psychology as a science. They could literally ask you anything in the part B so it's important to revise it all, but they do give you a choice between question 8 and 9 so I guess that makes it a little easier.
I hope this was somewhat helpful and not too long winded!
i didnt know people came as helpful as u
cherryred90s
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Grftkl)
i didnt know people came as helpful as u
Hehe aw thanks!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Hertfordshire
    All Subjects Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Feb '20
  • Ravensbourne University London
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Feb '20
  • Sheffield Hallam University
    Get into Teaching in South Yorkshire Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (370)
67.27%
No (180)
32.73%

Watched Threads