The Student Room Group

Think I did badly in my Geography GCSE?

Ok so I've done both geography papers, I don't think I've done horribly but not brilliant. My exam board is CCEA in Northern Ireland My controlled assessment was poor for what I was expecting. I really want to do A Level Geography but I need a B to do so. I'm really worried in case I don't get a B, any words of advice to help me cope?
Original post by theJordan1998
Ok so I've done both geography papers, I don't think I've done horribly but not brilliant. My exam board is CCEA in Northern Ireland My controlled assessment was poor for what I was expecting. I really want to do A Level Geography but I need a B to do so. I'm really worried in case I don't get a B, any words of advice to help me cope?
everyone always thinks that they have done worse then they actually have, especially when you keep thinking back on it. the best thing to do is to just forget about it and focus on other exams :smile:i did the geography exams as well, why do you think they went so bad? :smile:
I always seem to know that the answer is one or the other, and I know how to explain the answer. But I always choose the wrong one :frown: I realised I messed up a few 6 markers when talking to my friends after
Original post by theJordan1998
I always seem to know that the answer is one or the other, and I know how to explain the answer. But I always choose the wrong one :frown: I realised I messed up a few 6 markers when talking to my friends after

You may still have got a few marks though in the six markers, maybe just not all of them. How'd you find the case study questions? :smile:
Original post by passmore1999
You may still have got a few marks though in the six markers, maybe just not all of them. How'd you find the case study questions? :smile:

I thought the case studies were quite easy on the first paper as I learnt them off by heart but I wasn't as confident with the case studies on the second paper :smile:
Reply 5
What case studies did u pick to do
For the key themes exam i used China's one child policy, walton on the naze for coastal management and hurricane sandy in the caribbean. I think allot of the case studies are different though :smile:
Reply 7
Even if you get a c and show passion in the subject you will probably still be likely to be able to do it for a level, especially if there isnt enough for a full class. I say the grade boundaries will be upscaled, the last question would have thrown a lot of people off and many didn't complete it, in my year anyway, so don't worry about your grade you've probably done better than what you think.
everyone always thinks that they have done worse then they actually have, especially when you keep thinking back on it. the best thing to do is to just forget about it and focus on other exams :smile:i did the geography exams as well, why do you think they went so bad? :smile:

I HAVE FOUND YOU passmore1999!!!
Haha damn i tried so hard to hide :P
[=manningA15;56641235]I HAVE FOUND YOU passmore1999!!!
Haha damn i tried so hard to hide :P
[=manningA15;56641235]I HAVE FOUND YOU passmore1999!!!

It was the multiple smileys what did it :tongue:
Original post by manningA15

What would you have done if i said who are you?, because you had the wrong passmore? :P

What would you have done if i said who are you?, because you had the wrong passmore? :P

Sent hundreds of virtual cookies and apologized profusely :tongue: That would have been awkward...
Haha :smile:
Original post by manningA15

Sent hundreds of virtual cookies and apologized profusely :tongue: That would have been awkward...
What did you guys think of ccea gace geography unit 1 physical geography personally

Quick Reply

Latest