The Student Room Group

Applying through clearing whilst at uni?

Hi there. I've just finished my first year at uni and will be starting my second in the Autumn. I've decided though that my course is not for me and I want to go in a new direction. I've missed the ucas deadlines and will need to apply through clearing. However, if I don't get into anywhere in clearing I will carry on my current course. Is this possible to do? I started in 2015 so i dont know if my UCAS info is even valid anymore but I hope it is.

Thanks!
Reply 1
You'll ned to make a new application through UCAS, so will need a new personal statement and reference. You can re-use bits of your old PS if you think they're still relevant, but you've had a year of experiences so should need to update some bits. You can ask the same referee as you had last time, or can choose a different one if you think someone else is more suitable.

You'll need to include your year at uni in the education section. Remember here that you're filling it in to leave, so your dates would be 2014-2015.

You need to be careful with things like accommodation, because you may sign agreements to say you'll stay there the whole year - and thus will be made to pay even if you leave. If you leave it, though, you may end up with nowhere to live if you do stay on.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending