The Student Room Group

Good ideas?

I'm thinking of taking my girlfriend away for the weekend for her birthday. I have been looking into going to Disneyland Paris, however i simply cannot afford it as it's ridiculously expensive. I was wondering if anyone knows anywhere which can be relatively cheap, romantic and something which would be interesting to two 18 year olds?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
I'm thinking of taking my girlfriend away for the weekend for her birthday. I have been looking into going to Disneyland Paris, however i simply cannot afford it as it's ridiculously expensive. I was wondering if anyone knows anywhere which can be relatively cheap, romantic and something which would be interesting to two 18 year olds?

I don't know anywhere else...but have you seen the wowcher deals for disneyland paris? Sometimes there's some pretty good ones
we did a weekend in paris for under 200 pounds but if you cant afford that how about a city break in england ,london maybe find a nice hotel, you could always get a pod to yourselves on the london eye?
Reply 3
Original post by claireestelle
we did a weekend in paris for under 200 pounds but if you cant afford that how about a city break in england ,london maybe find a nice hotel, you could always get a pod to yourselves on the london eye?

Under £200? Really? Where did you go, if you dont mind me asking. Everything i found is around £600 for the two of us, from Friday to Monday, 3 nights,
Under £200? Really? Where did you go, if you dont mind me asking. Everything i found is around £600 for the two of us, from Friday to Monday, 3 nights,

we got advanced tickets on the eurostar from london( got cheap first class train tickets to london from manchester as well) and stayed in this hotel http://www.campanile.com/en/hotels/campanile-paris-15-tour-eiffel . you could sort of see the eifel tower in the distance, not the fanciest of hotels but was close to the metro so did us well for city seeing.

This was at the end of january though but would certainly be below £600 if you went in the summer. if you want to go to disneyland you can always get the metro/train from the city centre.
Or you could just take her to Germany. In Germany they have good prices and amazing views and etc.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Nandos
Depends on what you're both into. Personally, my idea of the perfect weekend away is either on a quiet beach with nice walks. Or somewhere like the New Forest with country walks and horse riding. But thats just me (I'm 18 too) :smile:

You could look at places like Centre Parcs (prices start from around £379) They have beautiful log cabins and so many things to do. Or you could go to theme park hotels, they're fun :redface:

Or go to beaches like Brighton or Bournemouth and just book a nearby hotel.
Reply 9
We both enjoy somewhere relaxing, with a nice pool, also a beach, possibly a nice shopping area. If anyone can recommend a good city, or a hotel that would be great

If youre looking for a cheaper alternative to disneyland, I hear alton towers is good this time of year
We both enjoy somewhere relaxing, with a nice pool, also a beach, possibly a nice shopping area. If anyone can recommend a good city, or a hotel that would be great

There's some nice places in Ireland such as some parts of Donegal or Dublin. I loved Burley in south England when I was there a few years ago. Or if you want to go further, Geneva was lovely although not the cheapest place.
Original post by archerlady
There's some nice places in Ireland such as some parts of Donegal or Dublin. I loved Burley in south England when I was there a few years ago. Or if you want to go further, Geneva was lovely although not the cheapest place.

Ive been to Geneva, it's beautiful, went to CERN and into the chocolate factory they have there, but the prices were horrible, I paid 5lev for a can of coke, the exchange rate was like 1.20-1.60
Original post by Lyrical Prodigy
You could look at places like Centre Parcs (prices start from around £379) They have beautiful log cabins and so many things to do. Or you could go to theme park hotels, they're fun :redface:

Or go to beaches like Brighton or Bournemouth and just book a nearby hotel.

That the type of thing you like then?

What about camping in the lake district? :smile:
Original post by ChickenMadness
That the type of thing you like then?

What about camping in the lake district? :smile:

Yeah but those were just ideas for OP.

Ofc! Would be a simply great experience :moon: :ahee:
Original post by Lyrical Prodigy
Yeah but those were just ideas for OP.

Ofc! Would be a simply great experience :moon: :ahee:

We should go next month lol.
Original post by ChickenMadness
We should go next month lol.

:awesome:
What about cannes in France?
Portugal has some really nice beaches and you can rent a small villa with a pool for a couple of days
The cheapest alternative would be to go to Devon which has nice beaches aswell
The gower in Wales?
Spain?
Italy?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 18
3 nights anywhere will rack up a cost if you stay in a posh hotel. However you could opt for a city break with 2* accommodation. A travel agent could advise. Alternatively go for 1 night some where a bit grander, perhaps that isn't so expensive to travel to. I've been to EuroDisney and it's rubbish by the way. Or even try camping at a forest park of festival.
With Disney land Paris It won't be THAT expensive if you have a different accommodation we managed to go to Disney land Paris for 3 days and was under £200 because we stayed at these camping style lodges only 2 miles from Disney I thing it was called camp de Paris or something but it was really good because it was right in front of the buses going to central Paris and Disney land

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending