I did Rome how did u find it
RachJess4
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
(Original post by Neelthesuperdude)
I did Rome how did u find it
I thought it went okay thanks, how did you find Rome?
What set text are you doing for the Friday exam? I'm doing Ovid
Neelthesuperdude
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by RachJess4)
I thought it went okay thanks, how did you find Rome?
What set text are you doing for the Friday exam? I'm doing Ovid
I am doing the Odyssey
How do you structure the essay? For the Rome essay, i did three paragraphs. the first one on a01, the second on a02 and the third on a03. So knowledge, understanding and evaluation. Do you think i will get decent marks for this?
RachJess4
Rep:
?
I am doing the Odyssey
How do you structure the essay? For the Rome essay, i did three paragraphs. the first one on a01, the second on a02 and the third on a03. So knowledge, understanding and evaluation. Do you think i will get decent marks for this?
I didn't have a set structure really, my essay question was on two main festivals and we had to compare their importance so I talked about one, then its importance, then I talked about the other, then its importance, and then an overall comparison and conclusion
I think you should get decent marks if you included knowledge understanding and evaluation!

What are you doing for the final unit? Sparta or Pompeii?
Neelthesuperdude
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I didn't have a set structure really, my essay question was on two main festivals and we had to compare their importance so I talked about one, then its importance, then I talked about the other, then its importance, and then an overall comparison and conclusion
I think you should get decent marks if you included knowledge understanding and evaluation!

What are you doing for the final unit? Sparta or Pompeii?
Pompeii you? 😀
RachJess4
Rep:
?
Pompeii you? 😀
Same!
How are you revising for the epic & myth exam tomorrow? I'm just reading my text again but I feel like nothing is going in
Neelthesuperdude
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Same!
How are you revising for the epic & myth exam tomorrow? I'm just reading my text again but I feel like nothing is going in
I am making notes of the books
Use shmoop, sparknotes, cliffnotes etc. you won't get an amazing grade by only reading from those websites as it isnt fully detailed, but you will get the plot. Use that to help you while you read.

Btw, what are you predicted
RachJess4
Rep:
?
I am making notes of the books
Use shmoop, sparknotes, cliffnotes etc. you won't get an amazing grade by only reading from those websites as it isnt fully detailed, but you will get the plot. Use that to help you while you read.

Btw, what are you predicted
I'm predicted an A*, how about you?
I'm worried that tomorrow's exam will bring me down though, as I find Ovid the hardest out of my three topics
Neelthesuperdude
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I'm predicted an A*, how about you?
I'm worried that tomorrow's exam will bring me down though, as I find Ovid the hardest out of my three topics
I'm predicted an a/b I struggle to write essays and I get about 18-20 marks
Neelthesuperdude
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Good luck today 😀
RachJess4
Rep:
?
Good luck today 😀
I hope your exam yesterday went well!
Do you happen to know what exactly we need to know about Pliny for Pompeii? The spec just says "Pliny as a source" in the section about destruction!
Neelthesuperdude
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Yea it went really well, I hope yours did too
You basically need to know How he was useful in providing evidence.
Here are some notes I made, they're really simple

• The eruption of 79AD was the first ever volcanic eruption to be recorded in writing by an eye witness.
• Pliny the younger was staying with his uncle Pliny the elder who was a brilliant natural historian and an admiral in the Roman navy.
• The younger wrote two letters to the historian Cornelius Tacitus telling what he saw of the eruption from his uncles house on the North side of the Bay of Naples.
• These letters also talk about his uncle’s brave attempt to sail the rescue of people trapped on the shore and his death from suffocation by the poisonous fumes from the volcano.
• The younger Pliny narrowly avoided death, he went on to become a prominent Roman citizen who became a provincial governor.

This is basically all you need to know about Pliny for Pompeii
RachJess4
Rep:
?
Yea it went really well, I hope yours did too
You basically need to know How he was useful in providing evidence.
Here are some notes I made, they're really simple

• The eruption of 79AD was the first ever volcanic eruption to be recorded in writing by an eye witness.
• Pliny the younger was staying with his uncle Pliny the elder who was a brilliant natural historian and an admiral in the Roman navy.
• The younger wrote two letters to the historian Cornelius Tacitus telling what he saw of the eruption from his uncles house on the North side of the Bay of Naples.
• These letters also talk about his uncle’s brave attempt to sail the rescue of people trapped on the shore and his death from suffocation by the poisonous fumes from the volcano.
• The younger Pliny narrowly avoided death, he went on to become a prominent Roman citizen who became a provincial governor.

This is basically all you need to know about Pliny for Pompeii
Thanks so much!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Edge Hill University
    Undergraduate and Postgraduate - Campus Tour Undergraduate
    Mon, 18 Feb '19
  • University of the Arts London
    MA Innovation Management Open Day Postgraduate
    Mon, 18 Feb '19
  • University of Roehampton
    Department of Media, Culture and Language; School of Education; Business School Undergraduate
    Tue, 19 Feb '19

Do you give blood?

Yes (38)
10%
I used to but I don't now (12)
3.16%
No, but I want to start (137)
36.05%
No, I am unable to (86)
22.63%
No, I chose not to (107)
28.16%