troykingston
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
I do biology, chemistry, physics and maths. did little revision until may and most of revision was done during my exams. I think i did okay in:
unit1 + unit 2 - biology
unit1 - physics
unit1 - chemistry

I definately messed up:

unit 2 - physics
unit 2 - chemistry
maths - c1 c2 s1

These overall results will probably be U,C,D,E

However i know if i resit i can deffinately get at least a A,A,A,B as when i revise i can realy excell in all my subjects also i did no past paper practice which i think also played a massive role in my f*** up.

So my question is can i resit all of my year 12 subjects and possibly do medicine at university.

Also which universities would take a resit student.
Raspire123
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by troykingston)
I do biology, chemistry, physics and maths. did little revision until may and most of revision was done during my exams. I think i did okay in:
unit1 + unit 2 - biology
unit1 - physics
unit1 - chemistry

I definately messed up:

unit 2 - physics
unit 2 - chemistry
maths - c1 c2 s1

However i know if i resit i can deffinately get at least a A,A,A,B as when i revise i can realy excell in all my subjects also i did no past paper practice which i think also played a massive role in my f*** up.

So my question is can i resit all of my year 12 subjects and possibly do medicine at university.

I think some medical schools do not mind as long as the re-sits are taken within the 2 years that you spend at college, so if you resit in year 13 and managed to get an AAAB or something then it should be fine for some. However, if you re-sitted after year 13 for example in which it would be your 3rd year of college then they will not accept you. Bare in mind you will be applying for university by october this year for medicine so they will have your predicted grades based on your AS results, so if you don't do well in those it would be better for you to apply next year once you have resitted. I think you should check the entry requirements for each medical school that you are interested in, as they tend to say something about resits there, but if you do not manage to find information about re-sits on some of the university websites then do not be afraid to call the admissions team for the university and ask them if their university would accept you with a resit in year 13. In all honesty I think that people that get A's and B's still resist in year 13 in order to get a higher grade or UMS, so it should be fine as long as it is in year 13, whilst you take your A2 exams and not after. I'm not too sure, but I hope I've helped.
At1fa
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by troykingston)
unit1 + unit 2 - biology
unit1 - physics
unit1 - chemistry

I definately messed up:

unit 2 - physics
unit 2 - chemistry
maths - c1 c2 s1

My sister is a doctor with an extra degree, she's 28 and she repeated her 1st year too. As long as you get the grades you need it'll be fine. Southampton take those students but the bh it doesn't really matter.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

If you haven't confirmed your firm and insurance choices yet, why is that?

I don't want to decide until I've received all my offers (44)
41.12%
I am waiting until the deadline in case anything in my life changes (21)
19.63%
I am waiting until the deadline in case something in the world changes (ie. pandemic-related) (6)
5.61%
I am waiting until I can see the unis in person (9)
8.41%
I still have more questions before I made my decision (9)
8.41%
No reason, just haven't entered it yet (7)
6.54%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (11)
10.28%

Watched Threads