can i resit yr 12 and be accepted into medicine

Watch
troykingston
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
I do biology, chemistry, physics and maths. did little revision until may and most of revision was done during my exams. I think i did okay in:
unit1 + unit 2 - biology
unit1 - physics
unit1 - chemistry

I definately messed up:

unit 2 - physics
unit 2 - chemistry
maths - c1 c2 s1

These overall results will probably be U,C,D,E

However i know if i resit i can deffinately get at least a A,A,A,B as when i revise i can realy excell in all my subjects also i did no past paper practice which i think also played a massive role in my f*** up.

So my question is can i resit all of my year 12 subjects and possibly do medicine at university.

Also which universities would take a resit student.
yolande1
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by troykingston)
I do biology, chemistry, physics and maths. did little revision until may and most of revision was done during my exams. I think i did okay in:
unit1 + unit 2 - biology
unit1 - physics
unit1 - chemistry

I definately messed up:

unit 2 - physics
unit 2 - chemistry
maths - c1 c2 s1

These overall results will probably be U,C,D,E

However i know if i resit i can deffinately get at least a A,A,A,B as when i revise i can realy excell in all my subjects also i did no past paper practice which i think also played a massive role in my f*** up.

So my question is can i resit all of my year 12 subjects and possibly do medicine at university.

Also which universities would take a resit student.
sorry i'm not sure but this may help - http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki...Resit_Policies

good luck x
ngbsadam
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Bruh, I'm in the exact same situation. Same A levels. Retaking same modules. Except s1; I think I'll do okay there.
Ngl I even started my revision at the same time...
Anyway, what I suggest you do is, do As and A2 in the same year. I think I got a D,C,C,B so I'm allowed to do A2 by my school. Check with your school and try and do both in the same year. Medicine kinda wasted like that- you're normally not looked at if you've been doing A levels for more than 2 years. I think all unis will look at you if you do As retakes so long as everything is done in 2 years. Plymouth and a few others allow a2 retakes but even then, I wouldn't risk it because there's only 4 or 5 options you'll have.

Realistically, you've finished AS- it's just revision. You learn a2 next year. You've got 12 exams in like 5 weeks. Tbh its manageable. Just make sure you work hard next year.
troykingston
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
(Original post by ngbsadam)
Bruh, I'm in the exact same situation. Same A levels. Retaking same modules. Except s1; I think I'll do okay there.
Ngl I even started my revision at the same time...
Anyway, what I suggest you do is, do As and A2 in the same year. I think I got a D,C,C,B so I'm allowed to do A2 by my school. Check with your school and try and do both in the same year. Medicine kinda wasted like that- you're normally not looked at if you've been doing A levels for more than 2 years. I think all unis will look at you if you do As retakes so long as everything is done in 2 years. Plymouth and a few others allow a2 retakes but even then, I wouldn't risk it because there's only 4 or 5 options you'll have.

Realistically, you've finished AS- it's just revision. You learn a2 next year. You've got 12 exams in like 5 weeks. Tbh its manageable. Just make sure you work hard next year.
thank you great help
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

If you haven't confirmed your firm and insurance choices yet, why is that?

I don't want to decide until I've received all my offers (57)
40.14%
I am waiting until the deadline in case anything in my life changes (24)
16.9%
I am waiting until the deadline in case something in the world changes (ie. pandemic-related) (6)
4.23%
I am waiting until I can see the unis in person (15)
10.56%
I still have more questions before I made my decision (15)
10.56%
No reason, just haven't entered it yet (12)
8.45%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (13)
9.15%

Watched Threads