The Student Room Group

can i do medicine if i resit yr 12

I do biology, chemistry, physics and maths. did little revision until may and most of revision was done during my exams. I think i did okay in:
unit1 + unit 2 - biology
unit1 - physics
unit1 - chemistry

I definately messed up:

unit 2 - physics
unit 2 - chemistry
maths - c1 c2 s1

These overall results will probably be U,C,D,E

However i know if i resit i can deffinately get at least a A,A,A,B as when i revise i can realy excell in all my subjects also i did no past paper practice which i think also played a massive role in my f*** up.

So my question is can i resit all of my year 12 subjects and possibly do medicine at university.

Also which universities would take a resit student.
Reply 1
Original post by troykingston
I do biology, chemistry, physics and maths. did little revision until may and most of revision was done during my exams. I think i did okay in:
unit1 + unit 2 - biology
unit1 - physics
unit1 - chemistry

I definately messed up:

unit 2 - physics
unit 2 - chemistry
maths - c1 c2 s1

However i know if i resit i can deffinately get at least a A,A,A,B as when i revise i can realy excell in all my subjects also i did no past paper practice which i think also played a massive role in my f*** up.

So my question is can i resit all of my year 12 subjects and possibly do medicine at university.

Also which universities would take a resit student.

If you resit in your A2 year and still come out with at least AAA, sure. There's no point applying until you have your A2s in hand though if your AS grades do turn out to be that bad.

If you actually resit Year 12, then no, it's unlikely anywhere will consider an application from you.
Original post by troykingston

You cannot do a-levels over 3 years and expect a med school to take you seriously. If you browse some websites you will see they say this.

If you do actually get results that bad, the chances of you resitting and getting AAA are very low. Not impossible - just acknowledging the truth.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending