Biological science PARTNERS summer school

Watch
Nataliechambers
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hi, just wondering if anyone is taking part in the PARTNERS scheme in the biological sciences thread? Zoology in particular
Dark Elixir
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Nataliechambers)
Hi, just wondering if anyone is taking part in the PARTNERS scheme in the biological sciences thread? Zoology in particular
I am, not Zoology though!
Nataliechambers
Rep:
?
(Original post by Dark Elixir)
I am, not Zoology though!
Ah cool! You looking forward to it?
Dark Elixir
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Ah cool! You looking forward to it?
This is probably a really bad answer, but no. I'm looking forward to everything about the university apart from the course :/..... I'm looking at other courses that I think I'll enjoy instead.
Nataliechambers
Rep:
?
I think I'll end up changing my course too so don't worry about it haha
Dark Elixir
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I think I'll end up changing my course too so don't worry about it haha
Any idea if people go out at night during the summer school or are people boring and just stay in and go to bed at 8pm?
Nataliechambers
Rep:
?
Well I'm hoping so but I'm not sure because there's 'quiz nights' on haha.. what are you going to study if you don't mind me asking?
Dark Elixir
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Well I'm hoping so but I'm not sure because there's 'quiz nights' on haha.. what are you going to study if you don't mind me asking?
Oh yeah, I just replied to the accommodation thing now and have seen the timetable with the "Big ASS quiz nights" and "Hot chocolate club" -__-. They also do a "Breakfast club" - wtf? The last time I went to breakfast club I was about 6 years old. I thought uni was about adulthood

I'm assuming you're staying in accommodation?
Nataliechambers
Rep:
?
(Original post by Dark Elixir)
Oh yeah, I just replied to the accommodation thing now and have seen the timetable with the "Big ASS quiz nights" and "Hot chocolate club" -__-. They also do a "Breakfast club" - wtf? The last time I went to breakfast club I was about 6 years old. I thought uni was about adulthood

I'm assuming you're staying in accommodation?
Yeah I am, I only live 30 mins away from Newcastle though but thought I'd stay for the experience as I'll be moving out in September
Dark Elixir
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Yeah I am, I only live 30 mins away from Newcastle though but thought I'd stay for the experience as I'll be moving out in September
Me too, I only live 30 minutes away!
Loose-seal Bluth
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Yeah I wondered what the sort of going out aspect of Partners would be like, since most people are going to be 18 so like drinking...? And then they emailed us about having ID and I looked at the photos on the Partners Facebook page from last year's 'quiz night'. It looks like it will be a good time I think.

I always worry this sort of thing will be a little awkward, meeting loads of new people, but I did their Biteisze Uni summer school last year which is a similar sort of thing and had a really nice time.

I'm doing town planning at Partners by the way.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (12)
12.5%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (21)
21.88%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (43)
44.79%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (16)
16.67%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (4)
4.17%

Watched Threads