The Student Room Group

I don't know what to do?

My brother just told me that I'm going to be an uncle.

He also told me that he plans to marry his GF in just over a months time.

The problem is that he does not want me to tell my parents.

I do not know what to?
Respect his wishes?
^ listen to this person?
Don't tell them? He'll tell them when he's ready and he clearly trusts you enough to tell you and hopes that you'll respect his wishes.
Reply 4
Original post by claireestelle
Respect his wishes?

I don't think that I can not I can not tell my parents? They deserve to know.
When your brother wants your parents to know, he'll tell them himself. It's not your place to say anything and you risk jeopardising your sibling relationship if you do.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I agree your brother told you and trusted you not your place to breach his trust! His love life is up to him!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Original post by peedie pixie
When your brother wants your parents to know, he'll tell them himself. It's not your place to say anything and you risk jeopardising your sibling relationship if you do.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I understand that, and I would feel terrible if I did tell my parents. I just feel that I also risk jeopardising the relationship with my parents if I do not tell. It is a really awful situation.
I wouldn't say anything, he'll tell them when he's ready Id assume

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Anonymous
I understand that, and I would feel terrible if I did tell my parents. I just feel that I also risk jeopardising the relationship with my parents if I do not tell. It is a really awful situation.

Let him tell them himself when hes ready, there ll be a reason he hasnt yet told your parents and uf you tell them you lose your brothers trust
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by claireestelle
Let him tell them himself when hes ready, there ll be a reason he hasnt yet told your parents and uf you tell them you lose your brothers trust

Okay, thank you.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending