The Student Room Group

Should I take AS/A Level Arabic? Any advice...?

I'm not a native speaker, but I learnt it myself for GCSE and I got an A*. I really love the language but I've heard that it gets really hard once you get to A level. I found it moderately hard at GCSE, so I don't know whether I should do it. None of the colleges near me offer it so if I do choose to fit I'll have to find a private tutor. Any advice anybody? Has anybody else done it and how was it?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you’ve posted in the right place? Posting in the specific Study Help forum should help get responses. :redface:

I'm going to quote in She-Ra now so she can move your thread to the right place if it's needed. :h: :yy:

Spoiler

I just did the AS exam a week ago...
Have u had a look at the past papers? I have no idea about gcse edexcel arabic tbh, I did CIE IGCSE Arabic and found it way tougher than edexcel a levels arabic... Got a B :/
nothing really difficult in the AS exam though... starts with comprehension, some translation into english and then an essay... there is some grammar though where u have to put the vowels on the words - which could be tough...
Just look at the past papers, it isn't too hard... :smile:
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest