The Student Room Group

Edexcel A level Maths grade?

Right, so I completely screwed up my Edexcel mechanics exam and I'll be lucky to come out with an E. It wasn't that I didn't know what to do, but I misread the questions or misinterpreted, and with the medications I'm on right now, I completely lost it. I'm gutted with myself because I know I can do better, but it now just puts more pressure on me to do well in C3 and C4.

My question is, how will the grades work out now? Say M1 was 0 ums, is it still possible to get an A* overall in maths providing I get an average of 90% in C3 and C4? Also, 480/600 ums overall in AS and A2 is an A grade, which means I need 185 ums this year to make up to that score. That means my C3 and C4 modules would have to be over 92 ums at least, and wouldn't that equate to an A* (if it's not ruled out at all)? Yeah I'm a bit confused by this so hopefully someone can clear it up for me.

It's going to be difficult but I have to try at least, I won't let mechanics ruin my chances of getting into university (hopefully).

Thanks c:
Original post by clover126
Right, so I completely screwed up my Edexcel mechanics exam and I'll be lucky to come out with an E. It wasn't that I didn't know what to do, but I misread the questions or misinterpreted, and with the medications I'm on right now, I completely lost it. I'm gutted with myself because I know I can do better, but it now just puts more pressure on me to do well in C3 and C4.

My question is, how will the grades work out now? Say M1 was 0 ums, is it still possible to get an A* overall in maths providing I get an average of 90% in C3 and C4? Also, 480/600 ums overall in AS and A2 is an A grade, which means I need 185 ums this year to make up to that score. That means my C3 and C4 modules would have to be over 92 ums at least, and wouldn't that equate to an A* (if it's not ruled out at all)? Yeah I'm a bit confused by this so hopefully someone can clear it up for me.

It's going to be difficult but I have to try at least, I won't let mechanics ruin my chances of getting into university (hopefully).

Thanks c:

You need 480 ums for an A - doesn't matter how you get them or what result you get in any of the 6 units you take.
You need 480 ums for an A* that includes 180 ums from C3&4 combined. There are no other conditions except that you have to have taken (but not necessarily passed) 6 units in an allowable combination.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Basically i woke up on the morning of m1 and got really nervous. As any ****er would i drank some whiskey to calm the nerves. Turnt up to the exam pissed as hell completely misread the vectors and the speed time graph question. Lost twenty marks off the bat, but sat s1 today and pretty much aced it.
Reply 3
Original post by gdunne42
You need 480 ums for an A - doesn't matter how you get them or what result you get in any of the 6 units you take.
You need 480 ums for an A* that includes 180 ums from C3&4 combined. There are no other conditions except that you have to have taken (but not necessarily passed) 6 units in an allowable combination.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you! I still have hope then :biggrin:
Reply 4
Original post by tedible
Basically i woke up on the morning of m1 and got really nervous. As any ****er would i drank some whiskey to calm the nerves. Turnt up to the exam pissed as hell completely misread the vectors and the speed time graph question. Lost twenty marks off the bat, but sat s1 today and pretty much aced it.

I sat S1 last year and that was my worst module in AS (so I thought). But M1 was completely different and I freaked out. Hopefully C3 and C4 will be better but it's going to take a lot of hard work! Good luck to you in your maths exams, you'll be fine (but maybe lay off the whiskey until results day) :biggrin:
Reply 5
Original post by clover126
I sat S1 last year and that was my worst module in AS (so I thought). But M1 was completely different and I freaked out. Hopefully C3 and C4 will be better but it's going to take a lot of hard work! Good luck to you in your maths exams, you'll be fine (but maybe lay off the whiskey until results day) :biggrin:

I can't tell you how amazing the s1 exam was this year. To be honest I think I might have scored 70 marks upwards on it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending