Do I move to Bath with girlfriend or stay in Norwich

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hi, this is my first time posting so bare with me.

My girlfriend and I have been together for 2 years now we met in school year 11. I am currently in year 13 self studying at home. My girlfriend is at a local sixth studying her A levels. We have both applied to Bath, my conditional offer is A*AA, hers is also A*AA.

Last year I achieved an A* in A level maths and an A in AS physics, this year I am studying further maths and A2 physics. I obviously need AA to get into bath but the way my current exams are going it feels like I'm going to get AB or BB. The chances of my girlfriend not getting in are next to none. If I do get the grades I will of course go to Bath with my girlfriend.

My options if I don't get in are:
- Accept my insurance offer at UEA and study maths there
- Retake the exams I messed up this year and stay at home
- Move to Bath and study with the Open University

My girlfriend and I are extremely keen to stay together and I can not stress enough how much I want to stay with her. We feel the same way on finances, kids, ways of raising kids, where to live everything.

My current back up plan is to study with the Open University in Bath as then I still get to study maths and be with my girlfriend while paying less fees.

Just want to know your opinions on the matter if you want any extra details ask away.

Thanks
username457532
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
If your relationship is meant to be then it will survive you two living in different cities.
The Mighty Mitch
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
It's England, nowhere is far away.
LiquidGold
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
You could try clearing for a course in a closer place to bath

Posted from TSR Mobile
BenUK
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Hi, this is my first time posting so bare with me.

My girlfriend and I have been together for 2 years now we met in school year 11. I am currently in year 13 self studying at home. My girlfriend is at a local sixth studying her A levels. We have both applied to Bath, my conditional offer is A*AA, hers is also A*AA.

Last year I achieved an A* in A level maths and an A in AS physics, this year I am studying further maths and A2 physics. I obviously need AA to get into bath but the way my current exams are going it feels like I'm going to get AB or BB. The chances of my girlfriend not getting in are next to none. If I do get the grades I will of course go to Bath with my girlfriend.

My options if I don't get in are:
- Accept my insurance offer at UEA and study maths there
- Retake the exams I messed up this year and stay at home
- Move to Bath and study with the Open University

My girlfriend and I are extremely keen to stay together and I can not stress enough how much I want to stay with her. We feel the same way on finances, kids, ways of raising kids, where to live everything.

My current back up plan is to study with the Open University in Bath as then I still get to study maths and be with my girlfriend while paying less fees.

Just want to know your opinions on the matter if you want any extra details ask away.

Thanks
Work hard to make sure you get your grades, then the reward of being with her at bath will be sweeter, if you don't get your grades, call the university up on results day and ask if they will still accept you.

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (147)
62.29%
I don't have everything I need (89)
37.71%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed