The Student Room Group

I missed the June 4 GCSE Maths Exam - Foundation Paper

On every book I had June 5th, until I realised this morning what an utter moron I had been. Anyone know if I can resit/ when the next time I can take an exam is? I feel terrible going into the next paper on Monday now.
(edited 8 years ago)
GCSEs are linear so don't bother going to the one on Monday, it won't count for anything. You're going to have to wait till June next year.
I wouldn't count on it as people could have told you the answers, thats why everyone starts the exam at the same time

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
AQA says the next exam is in November, not June.

If I sit Paper 2 I'll only have to sit Paper 1 next time won't I?
(edited 8 years ago)
It depends on your school, most likely you'll have to sit it in November due to the linear format. I don't think it's possible to mix papers as the grade is calculated on a combination of the two papers within the same setting.

Have you spoken to your teacher about this? Also, you may need to inform your future sixth form about this in case your condition was dependent on you passing GCSE maths.
Reply 5
I don't understand why your school didn't say something or ring up? At my school if you're not present for the exam they ring up and eventually actually come to your house if you still don't answer etc? How did your school let you get away with it?
Reply 6
I'll be going to university in September but fortunately they don't care in the slightest. It'll just be tricky to find somewhere that will accept private entrants. Thank you for your help.

@Morgan_, the exam was at my college, not a school.
Call your school. It's very odd to have not been hunted down - I was part of our pupil hunting party yesterday!
Original post by ParadoxSocks
Call your school. It's very odd to have not been hunted down - I was part of our pupil hunting party yesterday!

I just have this image in my head with you and a pitchfork :rofl:
Reply 9
Again, this was at a further ed/ higher ed college so idiots such as myself have to take responsibility. Paper 2 is seemingly worth 60% of the exam. Is it 65% to pass?
Reply 10
Original post by HugoAS
I'll be going to university in September but fortunately they don't care in the slightest. It'll just be tricky to find somewhere that will accept private entrants. Thank you for your help.

@Morgan_, the exam was at my college, not a school.

Oh I see-definitely contact your college and ask them the best plans of action-you won't be the first person to have done it
im pretty sure i read somewhere that as long as you sit over 50% of the exam they can give you an overall grade from what you did sit so you may be able to get a grade from hpw you performed in paper 2 judging by the papers individual boundaries
Original post by JuliaM1998
im pretty sure i read somewhere that as long as you sit over 50% of the exam they can give you an overall grade from what you did sit so you may be able to get a grade from hpw you performed in paper 2 judging by the papers individual boundaries

I thought that's only if you have a reasonable excuse such as being ill or having to go to a funeral or playing in a national/international sporting event... Not sure if 'I mixed up the dates' is going to cut it...
Original post by Slowbro93
I just have this image in my head with you and a pitchfork :rofl:

Well they won't dare to go missing again.

:tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest