Turn on thread page Beta

gcse english lit omg please help watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

interesting discussion i feel the same! We had less time i was on OCR and we had 30marks for each thing-play/novel/poetry. I think i did well on one and the others i drifted away. My coursework is a high C out of the 30% sumat like C/B

(exam:70% and coursework is worth 30%)

For instance my coursework is of a C/B grade= 18%?
    how much is needed in the exam for an A ?
    from today's point of view i think my results are maybe of 60/90 or maybe of 68% maybe.
    Can anyone tell me|?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by richie_009)
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

interesting discussion i feel the same! We had less time i was on OCR and we had 30marks for each thing-play/novel/poetry. I think i did well on one and the others i drifted away. My coursework is a high C out of the 30% sumat like C/B

(exam:70% and coursework is worth 30%)

For instance my coursework is of a C/B grade= 18%?
    how much is needed in the exam for an A ?
    from today's point of view i think my results are maybe of 60/90 or maybe of 68% maybe.
    Can anyone tell me|?

I normally help people with English, but did you say you do OCR? I have no idea with that one..but like ellie says you need around 90% for A* and so on 80% for A etc....You know you should concentrate on your other exams now.predicting what you get will only make things worse...I'm sure you haven't done awful, but if you keep posting stupid things like this then your other exams will be as bad as the one you took. Its up to the examiners - leave it until August.
    This is why nobody is relying - because you are worrying over something stupid - i don't mean to be nasty, and i know we all panic after exams, but what will be will be. I'm sure you'll probably get an A or something.

ReputationRep:
    and when I listened to the radio the other night (like i always do) the presenter was talking about how her daughter got a C in French even though she was absolutely terrible at it all! And that was 5 years ago...So don't worry, especially if you believe the 'GCSEs are getting easier' statement .

ReputationRep:
    I thought I messed up my English Literature paper but ended up being one of the top five in the country...so don't worry.

ReputationRep:
    thanks!! its jus i completely did not do well in my play and poetry i rushed and my coursework isnt high

ReputationRep:
    Anyone that did sit the Literature exam yesterday (AQA) Do you think the boundaries will be as high as people on here are estimating ie 90 for A*. 80 for A etc....

thanks

One finaly thing. if you did amazing on one section and did not even start the second section. would they take into account you being brilliant but just not being able to right fast. would you really be penalised....?!?!?

thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pabsunited222)
    Anyone that did sit the Literature exam yesterday (AQA) Do you think the boundaries will be as high as people on here are estimating ie 90 for A*. 80 for A etc....

thanks

One finaly thing. if you did amazing on one section and did not even start the second section. would they take into account you being brilliant but just not being able to right fast. would you really be penalised....?!?!?

thanks
    They're going to mark what you wrote. If you got full marks on the first section and didn't have time to start the second section, they wouldn't say 'oh well, if he attempted it he would have got full marks, so we'll give them to him'. It's not a case of being penalised, it's marking what you've written. Half the challenge of exams is technique, so you should have planned your time better. And please stop trying to work out what you got, you won't be able to, and you don't seem to be listening to anyone who's replying. Just revise for the rest of your exams, and no doubt you'll be presently surprised come results day.

ReputationRep:
    ok babe :cool: lol

are you doin your gcses?

ReputationRep:
    ok babe :cool: lol

are you doin your gcses?
    No, my ASs.

ReputationRep:
    oh

wot city?

wot subject ya doin?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Whywhywhy)
    I thought I messed up my English Literature paper but ended up being one of the top five in the country...so don't worry.
    lol how does this work

ReputationRep:
    oh

wot city?

wot subject ya doin?
    I live in Chelsea. I'm doing German, Economics, Geography and Biology.

ReputationRep:
    wots the economics course like?

i can imagine it to be fairly hard but i don't have the best knowledge of it...lol

ReputationRep:
    wots the economics course like?

i can imagine it to be fairly hard but i don't have the best knowledge of it...lol
    It's fairly straight forward at AS/A2 actually. It's by far my favourite subject, and I want to do it at uni.

ReputationRep:
    seems as tho youve got a wide range of subject. wot do you want to do when your older?

ReputationRep:
    seems as tho youve got a wide range of subject. wot do you want to do when your older?
    Who knows. Maybe a management consultant. I don't know. I kept my subjects broad so I could keep my options open, and just picked my 4 favourites from GCSE really.

ReputationRep:
    is biology significantly harder than at GCSE?

i think it is fairly difficult for gcse because the syllabus is HUGE....

what do you think?

ReputationRep:
    is biology significantly harder than at GCSE?

i think it is fairly difficult for gcse because the syllabus is HUGE....

what do you think?
    It's similar in so much as there is too much content to cover in the time, the volume of things you learn seems much more than in any other subject. It does get a lot more in depth too, and you notice how superficial a lot of stuff you learnt at GCSE is. It entirely depends on whether you're interested in it or not. I was, so I took it. I think if I wasn't, it would have seem like a very big struggle.

ReputationRep:
    nice

i tihnk i mite take it

especialy since at my school thers a trip to caribean if you take it next yr :cool:

ReputationRep:
    especialy since at my school thers a trip to caribean if you take it next yr :cool:
    :eek: Where do you go to school?!

University open days

1. Norwich University of the Arts
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Fri, 28 Sep '18
  2. Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 29 Sep '18
  3. Birmingham City University
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 29 Sep '18
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.